Foosball.com Forums

Vintage Rene Pierre Table - Need Help With Handles

Vintage Rene Pierre Table - Need Help With Handles
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:25:43 PM »
I have a classic (mid/early 70's) coin operateed Renee Pierre table. Here is a pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ADhuEMMM7SRoRTYF9n1RDw?feat=directlink

I thought the rods were 14mm rods as the playing surface is a green surface and I think later models with 15mm rods were blue playing surfaces - but I am not sure which really as I have seen conflicting info.  Here is a close up of the rods/threads:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kQ8A7DA4EhB4-gWsH4Cu0A?feat=directlink

The table has no handles but otherwise is in good shape.  Can anyone help me with any ideas on how to either get handles (probably unlikely) or even an approach to fabrication of handles by a supplier.  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:14:12 PM by slat0930 »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Vintage Rene Pierre Table - Need Help With Handles
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
The picture links do not seem to be working.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
Link to the pics should work now.....

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
Nice looking table.  Hopefully, Mr. Cribbs of BonziniUSA will chime in.  He has extensive knowledge regarding this style of table.  If he doesn't see this in a day or so, I'll send him an email pointing him to this thread.

Pat

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 05:17:21 PM »
Thanks.  I would appreciate any help here I can.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:09:46 AM »
Bonzini handles have right hand threads fitting onto 14mm rods.  RP handles have left hand threads. RP green tops with white soccer lines have 14mm rods. Blue tops have 15mm rods. Green tops could have either 14 or 15mm rods. If 15mm, rods & handles aren't available anywhere except from another old table. If 14mm, you can see if parts are still available from Brady Distributing in Charlotte.   John

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »
Went to Brady site & typed "Rene Pierre replacement handles/parts"into their search box- turned up no results.   If the link doesn't work go to TableSoccerTechnology.com or google Table Soccer Technology.
http://www.tst-systems.com/tst/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41&Itemid=21     Tried to get a handle & adapter for my beloved Bonzini (no tax,no shipping costs) I think 1Euro=$1.50. I watched their VERY brief video & tried to order but never saw where to enter credit card info soooo-filled out a contact request (in English) but have not yet received a reply in any language.   John

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I already had Brady on radar but they are no help.  I sent in a request like you to Table Tech so I will see if they respond.  Thx

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »
I've had some success in the past finding old R/P parts by contacting game vendors.  If you know of a bar (or where ever) that has a table, get the owner info off of it and give them a call.

John

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
howdy, i'm looking for handles for the same table...green table no painted lines, so i'm assuming 14mm hadles...2 of the handles have just snapped off after use, i was wondering how you tell whether its left handed or right handed threading, and why you would need 2 different types, considering the ball, i would assume, would always be hit from the same side, the men swinging counter-clockwise

also wondering if anyone found a for sure place to get the handles, was the rene pierre france site a for sure?

and lastly, i'm also looking for a few scoring blue and some red plastic doughnut thingies

thanks for your help!

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
GH69501: I just ordered 8 long handles and the green vinyl playing field "gerflex" for the restoration of my Rene Pierre 1970's coin-op. They even sent me new Rene Pierre decals for the table (per my request). All total was $115.00 USD. $38 (euro) for the field $48 (euro) for the handles then the Euro to US Dollar conversion rate. Shipping was free for now. But, it took a good 30 days for it to arrive from France. But, I did get it.

Also, I suggest contacting someone who reads french as the shopping cart at Rene Pierre does not convert to english. I found it impossible sign up for an account on my own. So, I contacted my local France/French chamber of commerce office. They were a big help in getting my Rene Pierre account setup. After the account was setup I had no problem ordering and paying for it.

Now, I am just one individual. And, they may have just been doing me a favor in shipping to the USA. But, they DID ship to me. I can't say they'll do it for everyone. But, all they can do is say NO. SO, I'd say it's worth the try. As, They did ship to me.

As for the handles being left handed or right handed threaded. It's my understanding ALL Rene Pierre tables are left handed threaded. I could be wrong though. All I can suggest is to use the opposite way of unscrewing you are used to. So, try to unloosen the handle by turning it right and putting it back on by turning it left. But, I warn you and say "try this at your own risk" as I am not responsible if you break a handle.

And lastly if you go to ebay.fr and type in Rene Pierre you'll find the long handle for like 7.50 (Euro) plus shipping. I think I payed 12 or 13 bucks to have one handle shipped to me. I wanted to be sure I had a 14mm and not a 15mm. So, now I have 9 long handles that fit my table. But, it was worth it.

Oh, and the handles feel natural in my hands. After getting used to them I play just as good as I ever could.

hope this helps,
Chris

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
The Rene Pierre handles are left handed so they will not loosen because of the force of the shot. Bonzini handles are right handed but also have a set screw in the center of the handle opening that is left handed, making the Bonzini handle impossible to loosen with force from either direction.

Tyler

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
I have a classic (mid/early 70's) coin operateed Renee Pierre table. Here is a pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ADhuEMMM7SRoRTYF9n1RDw?feat=directlink

I thought the rods were 14mm rods as the playing surface is a green surface and I think later models with 15mm rods were blue playing surfaces - but I am not sure which really as I have seen conflicting info.  Here is a close up of the rods/threads:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kQ8A7DA4EhB4-gWsH4Cu0A?feat=directlink

The table has no handles but otherwise is in good shape.  Can anyone help me with any ideas on how to either get handles (probably unlikely) or even an approach to fabrication of handles by a supplier.  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »
I need help locating the ashtrays to the same table , I have a vintage rene pierre table that is in great shape i just need the ashtrays , can any body help?
hvacguyjm96@aol.com