Foosball.com Forums

Advice: René Pierre, Bonzini, French Foosball

Re: Advice: René Pierre, Bonzini, French Foosball
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:29:53 AM »
Italian tables are almost the opposite of French style. French style, the game is almost entirely played from a front pin. Italian style goes the opposite direction, slippery and fast.

Toronto is strange in that the demand for Fabi is huge, I don't know of any other place where Fabi is the most sought after table (not even in Italy).

I don't understand why these guys are telling you to buy a tournament grade table outside of your budget when you've specifically stated you won't be playing tournaments and you have want to have some fun with your kids.

Because foosball tables deteriorate quite easily when you go outside of specific brands/models. Especially when kids are playing, because they tend to be rough on the table. Why pay ~$1000 for something that will warp/split/break beyond repair in 1-2 years?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:37:31 AM by SilentSam »

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
"Italian tables are almost the opposite of French style. French style, the game is almost entirely played from a front pin. Italian style goes the opposite direction, slippery and fast."

Actually this is no longer true for several Italian tables.  In fact, Tornado plays faster than Garlando. Garlando has a sandblasted pitch which highly accomodates a pin-style game - far more than Tornado, but less so than Bonzini.  In fact, ITSF#3 Kevin Hundstorfer plays a pin-style game mainly on Garlando.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
"Italian tables are almost the opposite of French style. French style, the game is almost entirely played from a front pin. Italian style goes the opposite direction, slippery and fast."

Actually this is no longer true for several Italian tables.  In fact, Tornado plays faster than Garlando. Garlando has a sandblasted pitch which highly accomodates a pin-style game - far more than Tornado, but less so than Bonzini.  In fact, ITSF#3 Kevin Hundstorfer plays a pin-style game mainly on Garlando.

Well, that is true for the ITSF Garlando (with the "pinny" feet).  But the rest of the garlando lineup are those block feet men, with hard balls.  And don't get me started about those side strips...er...ah...did I say strips, I really meant side RAMPS.  Those things are HUGE.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

While there are a few Italian manufacturers who make a select few tables that allow ease of pinning, these tables were designed for players and playing style outside of Italy, which is why I really don't classify them under 'Italian Style'. The Garlando WC was initially built to appease the large player base in Austria. The Roberto Sport international champion, and later the Adrenaline/Kombat, were designed for ITSF play. These tables don't share the same characteristics of a typical Italian Style table, which is smooth glass surface, telescoping rods, and blocky feet, and are designed to play fastball. Not to mention the eggs that pass for balls which come with the table. Fabi fits in that category.