Re: LINK TO MERKEL GREY MARBLE FS
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
LOL $1500. C'mon man.  ::)

Edit: Double LOL Shipping not included.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
that is more than a brand new table and more than twice what it is worth...I have seen 6-10 Greys w/Merkel rods sell for $400 in the last year...this isn't the place to come and hope to find a sucker

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
Ok then, what is an as new one of these worth?

It ain't $400. I'll smash it with our bulldozer and put it on YouTube for $400.

I ship stuff like this all over the planet, and mostly freight collect. That means you know what the real shipping cost is up front. No lol there thank you.

People that buy $8000 jukeboxes don't tolerate shipping gouging, and I would love to have a conversation with any of you about what it took and takes to put something like my store together.

So, if you want an as new grey marble sent to you by someone that can get it there safely and takes visa, call me at my store.

Thanks
Phil

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:24:52 AM »
Phil,

Not to bust your chops, but the guys are correct.  The average price of an decent condition grey marble is about $400-$500.  If you buy the upgrade kit to get it close to current tournament level, you might be looking at another $200.  In that case you would have a better table than the original grey marble itself.  It makes no sense to ask what a new one is worth because new ones don't exist, and if one did, it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

As a businessman, I'm certain you know that the cost of a used item must always be compared to a) similar used items on the market and 2) the cost of a new replacement (like a newer (better) Tornado model).  Either way, the table isn't worth $1500.  That's not to say you won't find a buyer at that price, just not here.  Ebay and Craigslist further constrains your ability to sell at that price. 

Furthermore, foosball is not exactly a growing sport in the US, so table prices are not exactly going to rise at a higher rate than any other product any time soon.  The ITSF (governing body of table soccer) have just removed Tornado tables as an official tournament table, so demand for Tornados from ardent players is likely to wane, not increase.  Getting that table to Europe would entail a shipping cost that would make it so expensive, it would be more worth it for a European player to buy two to three used ITSF tables for that cost.  Just my thoughts.

So my recommendation is either lower your price, plan some permanent space at your store for that table or get out your bulldozer.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »
You can buy a brand new T3000 Icebox for around $1200 less shipping or pick one up on location after a tour event for $800. Yes the merkel rods are desireable but you still have to take in the table is a 2004 model. Its a great table no question, $500-$600 tops to the right person. Hey Charles get my room ready at your place in january I will be up for Sharks winter foosfest this year but only if your not shooting the back pin :)   Kent

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »
I bought used Grey Marble with Merkels last year for $500, so these guys are right.  I don't think they're trying to be rude, just honest.  That being said, when $400 is referenced, I believe that's typically the rock bottom that we've seen them go for.  Yours is obviously in very good shap with low mileage, so you can likely get more.  However, I think you're going to have to cut your asking price at lease in half.  As has been mentioned already, there is a new model of Tornado out that is used in tournaments.  To upgrade this table with all the new features (new men, bearings, sidestrips, etc.) would cost at least $200.  Most people will to spend serious dough on a table are going to want those upgrades, so you have to factor that into your price. 

I think your best bet may be to look locally, so the buyer doesn't have to account for shipping costs.  Craigslist is a great spot, but another spot to look would be to find out if there's a foosball specific website in your area.  A lot of areas will have a website dedicated to the local foosball scene in their state.  If you're able to sell it locally without shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to get $700 - $800, but that would be tops imo. 

Good luck with the sale.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Thank you all!

Remember, highest price shows at the top of the eBay list.

I want to sell this, who needs a nice table?

Thank you again for the atypical responses!

Merry Christmas
Phil

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
Hey guys.  I just bought a grey marble coin op for $164.  How do I know if it has Merkel rods.  It is a 30th annv. model that says a product of valley under the Tornado logo.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
I believe there is a notch in the rod under the handle (need to remove handle). I think there is an old thread somewhere that showed the differences between all tornado rods.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »
Hey guys.  I just bought a grey marble coin op for $164.  How do I know if it has Merkel rods.  It is a 30th annv. model that says a product of valley under the Tornado logo.

WOW you got a grey marble coin op for $164?  If it has Merkel rods, then those alone are probably worth the price you paid...Used Merkels are probably worth about $25/piece (if you can find any) and if all 8 were Merkels then that would be $200 right there.  Great find!  BTW, where did you find this table and how did you finally agree to a weird price like $164???

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
I found it on Ebay.  It was me and only one other bidder.  I picked it up last month.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
Is the notch that you are talking about resemble a drill bit mark.  The is a mark on all the rods that are about a 1/2  away from the hole that the handle pin goes into.  When I changed a handle, i noticed the mark and thought that someone tried to redrill a new hole.  I looked at the other rods after you told me what to look for and the other rods had them also.  So it looks as if hte table has all merkel rods.