Foosball.com Forums

Im back. and this time i scored a tornado

Im back. and this time i scored a tornado
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
sup guys. its been awhile but i scored me a tornado. it was advertised as a T-2000 but from what i have found, its a T-3000. my camera is currently out of town but i will get pics up asap
 its silver with black legs , coin op. but it doesnt have the large Tornado logo on the sides. it does have the circular logos up in the corners. also, it does not have the extra abacus. let me paste somethin from the ad that i saved-

"This table was set up brand new for the 2007 Tornado Table Soccer Tournament in Las Vegas. It had 13 games on it when purchased from a local dealer for $1,250. She now has ~135 games on her. "

its got the table number inside the cabinet and on one side of the outside a USTSF sticker and then where the large tornado logos should be there are corona promo stickers for 2007 Elimenation.  it also came with a promo poster for the tournament. the surface, men and rods are in what looks like near new condition. the exterior has one dime size blemish and some other small scratches. i wish the outside and legs looked a little newer but the play field and men make up for it. its so sweet. and i got that thing so exactly level its ridiculous.

but my main question is how do i change it to free play? lol. ill admit i have tried to figure it out and poked around inside the cabinet looking for clues and came up empty. tried google with no success as well.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Im back. and this time i scored a tornado
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »
You need some coin slugs, call charles mac from Tornado. Easy to put in I think there is a thread on it somewhere in the archives here on foosball.com. How much did you get the T3000 for?  Good Luck,, Snake

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »
You should be able to change it to freeplay without slugs, you just have to bypass the coin mech. I think you do this by pulling out the ramp? I don't own a coin-op so don't know the exact details, but they do this at a lot of the tournaments I've been to.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
Ive seen people put socks, salt shakers etc in the return chute and its a pain in the ass also who doesnt want to hear that kick ass sound when the balls drop, that sounds means its time to get down to business :)

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
thanks guys and good point about the sound it makes snake. really i just didnt want the game counter going up on my practice stuff, but if coin shute slugs are the answer the counter is gonna turn anyway. so ill just keep pumping quarters in.
snake, i was able to get the table for $300. i feel like thats a steal for the table i got

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Wow man thats a STEAL, probly a first run Icebox from details you provided later ones had Itsf logos on each end and the large Tornado logo on the sides. Does the table have yellow and black new style handles and clear side strips? Table should go for at low end for at least $700. Nice pick up! Now learn the rollover and smash some tin :)

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »
...i just didnt want the game counter going up on my practice stuff...

Not that I am condoning this, but you do realize you can use a screwdriver and remove the counter if you so wish...you can also replace a counter with "high mileage" with a new one "zero'ed" out...which is why I don't put too much weight on the game counter when ever someone is selling a 5-10 year old table with less than 100 plays.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
Nice man!! Now since you got the table for the right budget invest in the upgrade kit with the tits yellow and black rubberized handles and clear side strips, add new 5 hour tumble balls and cool ass Tornado emblems  = most current T3000. KILLER :)

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
Anybody know if this run of Icebox has the newer men and bearings??

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
The easiest way to know is to have B,inSA look at the men's feet and to compared them to the photo on the Foosball store, here's the link:

http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/fts-110-010-01.html

And for the bearings it is also easy to know, he only has to pull the rod all the way to the wall and roll the ball in between. If the ball passed true then they are not the low profile split bearings.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »
hey thanks for all the info guys.i have been posting before and after work, so sorry for the post-and-run.
 i checked the men and bearings and im pretty certain they are the older 2008. definitely the men are, and the ball would barely squeeze thru between the wall and a man when the rod was pulled all the way to the wall.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 04:10:10 PM »
this looks like the early run fridge and it would not have new men, handles (obviously), side strips, or bearings but you absoultely STOLE the table...great job...upgrade would cost about $200 and you would still have a steal

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Not to rain on anyone's parade, and I hope this certainly is not the case...but wasn't this table's model year the run of tables that was notorious for having warped playing fields?  I hope I am wrong, because for the price the table was an absolute steal!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »
jinhopark, thanks for the info and its not raining on my parade. the truth is the truth. i will keep an eye out long term but i can tell you that i leveled the table with my 4 foot level to where there was even space between the edge of the bubble and the indicator line in every which direction, and the ball rolls incredibly true. almost too true. i will keep on lookin for spots though