Foosball.com Forums

New Push/Pull Shot Trainer Invention

New Push/Pull Shot Trainer Invention
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
I love foos and I love to invent stuff.  I just made a push/pull shot trainer, and wonder what you think of it.  I just posted it today at FoosTrain.com  Thanks for any feedback. -Lou

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: New Push/Pull Shot Trainer Invention
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
Nice... I would recommend $14.99 so you could sell a ton, although $24.99 is great, anyway, if the contraption can be installed or removed in under 2 minutes. ...  I myself am looking for ultra thin vellum that you could draw lanes on, to place in front of the goal and extending outward to just below the 2-bar.  Kinda like transparent sheets for overhead projection.  Guess I'll just make my own..
;
BTW... don't see any reason why your system wouldn't work for push and pull kicks as well, and standstill snake or Euro's too..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:40:14 PM by foozkillah »

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
Wow!

Very good stuff, foozkillah is right it could work with any kind of shot.

I find very difficult to make pull shots or push shot, I have read a lot on how to make them, but I just can't find out how to transfer the momentum from my hip to my arm as I have read it's supposed to.

I guess I can try out pull kick and push kicks I think there's no need for my hip to get involved :P

I am going to save up some money or sell stuff to buy your training device, good luck with your sales FoosTrain.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:22:40 AM »
I like the idea, but I'm just going to make my own now.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:02:18 AM »
Anderson, when I first saw it, I thought like you - "I'll just build my own".  But then I got to thinking...why tinker with the proper spring 'strenghts' in order to get the right amount of 'give' as you pull the shot at the different levels, as FoosTrain has done?  Why try and fiddle with building that bar that joins to the two 2-bar players, etc, etc, when the whole thing is being sold for $24.99??  The time I spend trying to get it to work like FoosTrain has done, it doesn't even make sense to spend the time when it's being sold so low.  Besides, I think we should support these type of things.  Afterall, the more people who can make a living of foosball the better off the sport will be and the more money will go into the tournaments.

Just me two cents.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »
Foostrain, I'm not a pullshooter, I'm more a pinshooter.  Do you think you can invent something similar for pinshooters? The only major hurdle I see you encountering is trying to get the device to mimick a pro defense on a pinshooter.  Unlike a pullshot, defense's don't race pinshooters generally.  They use more a random/baiting defense.  If you can get a device to mimick that, I'm buying!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
I tend to be skeptical about most training tools but that is actually a really good idea. Hats off to you! My only concern would be that the drag from pulling 2 rods (the 3 bar plus the attached 2 bar) would mess up your timing or stroke. Is it noticeably heavier when shooting a pull?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:09:40 AM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
that is a clever invention, hope it sells good for you

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
I didn't mean to make fun by the way. I currently have a Fireball table. Would the bar between the men work the same? Also, what is it's purpose? To weigh the rods down? Another point is this: can I use this on a Bonzini table. Do the men line up appropriately? How would I put that rod in?

I completely agree with you about the convenience of the springs. Great idea, and I might buy it, but I do a lot of do-it-yourself stuff on my Fireball so I might as well continue that trend.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
Even though I am considering buying this for my Fireball table, I would like to use the springs on a Bonzini table as well. The springs would be tighter because there's almost an extra inch between the rods, but I guess that would just increase the level of difficulty above the most basic setting.

Offline alaris

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
If you had one for Bonzini I would buy it.

Offline alaris

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
....now get to work. ;)

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
Don't worry Alaris, Anderson will invent one for the Bonzini, right Mark? ;)

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 03:32:31 AM »
I'm on it!

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
While at it Mark, can you invent something like this?

http://kickertrainer.de/Tischfussball-Trainingsgeraete/Kickertrainer-Zur-Zeit-nicht-lieferbar::1.html

Also, good work FoosTrain, and the price is right:)