Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini question

Bonzini question
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
I ran across this ad in my local CL. Seems like a good price on a nice Bonzini table. The question I have was sparked by the statement "The men's feet have been shaved for tournament use". Is this a standard procedure for these tables? Anyone know what this means and if it is a good thing or a bad thing (or something in between). Thanks!

Kevin

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/spo/2867173648.html

Offline FOOZUL

Re: Bonzini question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »
Trust me you want to get the men with shaved feet. Better control and grip....good luck

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
By shaving the paint off the feet, the men grip the new ITSF b-ball better. Additionally, the bevels are removed to allow tick-tocks and slides to work similarly to Tornado. What this means is that the foot from left to right now looks like [ ] as opposed to ( ). Now it's easier to keep the ball straight in line between men when tick-tocking as opposed to fighting the ball drifting off line when tick-tocking with the original men. This has become the tournament standard and quite frankly, I have no idea why Bonzini still manufactures them with beveled feet so that we then have to beg Alan,usually for a fair fee, to shave them off.

I think that's a good offer on a rustic model. If I had the money, I would buy that in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:38:19 PM by Anderson »

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
It's a very good price on the table. Also, the playfield has the lines on the field which are not found on the regular B-90 tables.

Tyler

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »
They were asking $2,000 for it about 2 weeks ago.

John

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Thats Dales table. The rustic we had at the NC Open last year....The price is ok but the price he paid was a steal.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
If that's Dale's table, then trust me, it is in great condition. I loved that table at our NC Open. He did get it for a steal, but it's still being offered at a very good price.