Foosball.com Forums

Tournament Soccer Quarter Million Dollar

Offline DZB

Tournament Soccer Quarter Million Dollar
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
Hi, Just re-discovered foosball. So I had to find a table like I played on may years ago. Well I found one, now I need to get it in good playing shape. Score keeper has 2 blue nines? Men are all good, nice hard rubber not plastic. Rods have rust and some have chrome missing. Can steel wool and WD-40 make them playable? Are the rods available on this site the correct ones to order? It has nice rubber men. Anything else to bring it up to current standards?
Also I would like to upload pictures, how do you do it? Thanks.

Offline crazy8

Re: Tournament Soccer Quarter Million Dollar
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:51:03 AM »
Try foosball-grade silicone (not from AutoZone!) instead of WD-40.

Look at foosball.com for parts - they seem to carry everything.
Good luck - those were great tables to play on - 35 years ago.

Paul

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »
DZB,

I read your 'can steel wool and WD-40 make them playable' question 2 ways, and crazy8 is correct to suggest using silicone as a lubricant for play. But I also know from experience that when using steel wool on metal, it often works best when you use WD-40 to decrease friction and minimize rust particles from becoming airborne, which also may have been what you were asking.

Good luck with your project!

Tyler

Offline DZB

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
Just a few more questions my budget was less than $100, would I have been better off buying a used Sportcraft or Harvard?

I have everything cleaned up and working very good (for a 35 year old table). Anyway since the legs don't have adjusters what is the best way to level the table out? Thanks.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »
If the TS is playing well, you did good.  When you're ready to step up - step up to a Tornado or Fireball.  The SportCraft and Harvard tables cost as much as a used Tornado but will never give you the option of taking your game on the road.

Are the legs square, with rubber caps on the ends?  If so, I think we used to use beer coasters as leveling shims.   

Offline DZB

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
My son and I went to the local amusement store and played on a Tornado table. I was surprised at how different the game is with hard plastic men. We have only played on old school tables. Most likely we will never play anywhere else.

My TS is now in very good playing condition and I will be happy to play this version of Foosball with my family and friends. Thanks for all your help.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
Men are all good, nice hard rubber not plastic.

I always thought TS men were ceramic, and then later on plastic? I'm interested to know what these rubber men look like.

BTW... you can't upload images here, you'd have to upload them to a site like imgur.com, and insert them using an image URL link.
[img=http://imgur.com/testlink]Image name[/img]