Foosball.com Forums

Looking for Help Shopping for a Foosball Table (+)

Looking for Help Shopping for a Foosball Table (+)
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
Hi,

I am shopping for a Tornado foosball table.  I have already done a lot of hunting, but have not settled on one yet.  I am open to new or used.  I don't think I want to spend the money for the tournament model.

The table is for home use and realistically will not see a ton of play.  It will see consistent play, but I wouldn't see it wearing out.

One of my biggest uncertainties is the model to settle on.  If I am correct, all models save the tournament one weigh 225 pounds.  That being said, I am curious what the bang for the buck is as one proceeds in price.

Now, I do have a couple other items:
1) Recommended wraps for the snake.

2) I am soon to be 54.  Please tell me age does not horribly compromise one's play!  ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony

Re: Looking for Help Shopping for a Foosball Table (+)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
Hey, I was in your shoes a couple of months ago and found this thread to be extremely useful:

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

I ended up finding a mint "cherry" tornado coin-op for $350. I could not be happier with the table and the advice I got from this board.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:03:09 PM »
Hi kgstewer,

Thanks!  That is some substantial stuff. I am unsure how helpful it will be as I am in rural South Dakota, but I will give it a go (reducing search to coin ops).  I thinking shipping has gone up a bit, by the way.

I tried a bid ship site for delivery from Appleton, Wisconsin to where I am (Bowdle, South Dakota) and got on bit - for $385.

Well, I'll try to be patient and thanks again.

Tony

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
Yeah, I had expanded my Craigslist search out to about a 200-mile radius, with the thought that I'd happily drive that far rather than pay a lot of shipping. And yes, Craigslist is a good resource.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »
Not sure how far this one is from you.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/tag/2913428547.html

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »
Wow, thx!

I saw some further away that I inquired about, but did not see that one!

Thanks again...

Tony

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
I recently bought 2 brown marble tornado coin-ops from a small town outside of Sioux Falls for $900 total. Search craigslist hard and you will find a nice table. There are great resources on this site. Be careful not to overpay for a whirlwind or any other non-coin op table. Patience is the key!

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »
I am so glad I referred to this forum.

Outside of this, I would have definitely resorted to one of the non-coin ops.  Now, with your advice -and- already seeing possibilities, I know what I before did not.  Get a coin-op and be patient.

I did contact the Minneapolis and Sioux Falls prospects.

Much appreciated! :)

Tony

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
if you decide to purchase new, shop around! i recently purchased the tornado t3000 and after calling a few places, i got to thinking that every last vendor in the country was forced to sell at the same price. finally, one of the last places i called sold it to me for $150 less than the others. i doubt the t3000 is worth all the extra i paid for it but.....we play so much and i didn't want the table type to limit our potential.

thanks and good luck to ya!

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 11:05:59 PM »
Got it!

A friend of mine here in town (Bowdle, South Dakota) is acquanited with a coin op business in Mobridge.  I bought a used brown marble coin op Tornado for 600.  I think I may have overpaid by a tad, but I was never a big haggler.  I am so totally psyched!!!

Table is positioned where I want it and I gave it a nice wipe with rubbing alcohol.  Surface is nice.

Thanks all!

Tony