Foosball.com Forums

Quiet alternative to cork ball

Quiet alternative to cork ball
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Hi all, my colleagues and I have invested in a Tornado foosball table at work. One requirement is that we use a quiet ball. Originally we used the standard red Tornado balls but these were way too loud. We tried the cork balls some time back, and these are much more quiet, but they deteriorate rather fast. Within a month they are useless. Is the ITSF B-Ball comparably quiet to cork? It looks like some sort of hard plastic? Or are there any other choices that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

Re: Quiet alternative to cork ball
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »
try the Warrior ball....email debbie at...debbie@foosball.com...or christina at...c.fuchs@warriorcustomgolf.com....

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »
If the reason why you want a quiet ball is only because of the noise it makes when hitting the goal (as opposed to the noise when passing between the men on the rods) then I would suggest you line the goals with some type of cushion.  I usually but a rolled up t-shirt in the goal when pracitsing while the family sleeps.  Helps alot.  But for game play I would suggest lining with a thin foam type material.  You can use double sided tape.  To make things even quieter, try lining the ball retreival ramp all the way down with the same material as well.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »
Sounds like someone needs to develop a new Foosball Big Cone of Silence...
;
Agent 86, Max... will you get right on it?

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Well, it's definitely loud hitting the back of the goal, but also very loud during normal play (at least, in comparison to cork), and also especially if a hard shot hits the wall. Thanks for the warrior ball recommendation. I suppose my best bet is to simply buy a few different types from the store here and give them all a try.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
If only Nerf made a foosball.

Tyler

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:30 AM »
If only Nerf made a foosball.

Tyler

My wife would invest in that company if they did.