Foosball.com Forums

Fixing a warped playing surface

Fixing a warped playing surface
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
 I recently purchased an F5 home version from someone on Craigslist. It looked good and I thought I checked it out thoroughly enough before bringing it home. Turns out it is warped and replacing this playing surface is kinda impossible (according to parts dealers). Anyone have any proven methods to "un-warp" a playing surface? Please help.

Re: Fixing a warped playing surface
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
One possibility for a warped/cupped playing field looks like the one posted by EDGEER. If you run a search for "cupped", you will see this. I suppose the thing that would be interesting would be if he would comment on the fix as a long term solution as the post is dated several years ago. Calling EDGEER, please tell us how the fix for cupping has held up over time on the table.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Thanks Pattonky, but I couldn't find the link. I had heard of placing the table upside down and adding weight to the sagging areas. Also adding a fifth leg. I think I'll tinker with this table and fix each flaw that I find.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
I bumped it, do you see it now?

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
Yes Pattonky, I see it and it is a good fix. Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, I have the home version of the Tornado table, so I'll have to try something else.