Foosball.com Forums

Snake shooting in the 2 and 4 holes

Offline Pat

Snake shooting in the 2 and 4 holes
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:12:35 AM »
I'm beginning to train shooting my snake in the 2 and 4 holes (not in the corners and not straight down the middle) and would like any tips, recommendations, etc. you have to offer. 

Similar to how I train shooting the corners, I practice from a stationary start, a slow rock, and a rapid rock (contrary to the corner shots, I find the push more difficult than the pull).

What is the best way to define the 2 and 4 holes?  Unlike the corners, they don't have a fixed post on one side.  Currently, I'm placing one man directly in the middle and another slightly away from the corner so that there is a bit less than 1.5 ball widths between the men.  It would also be possible to place one man directly in the corner and the middle man slightly off-center.

Against what types of defense is shooting the 2 and 4 holes successful?  If each of the goalie men oscillate between the center and the corners, they will cover the 2 and 4 holes twice as often (once moving from the center to the corner and once moving from the corner to the center) as the corners.  It seems that if the defender moving in a way to cover only the middle and each of the two corners, this shot would be the most successful.