Foosball.com Forums

Looking for my first table...looking for advice.

Looking for my first table...looking for advice.
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »
Hi all,

I have been in search for a used Tornado foosball table for the past couple of months...and I feel like I am getting to the point of analysis paralysis.

I started off looking for an entry level table...the more I looked I found higher quality tables...for a little bit more...and a little bit more...

The more I read up, I keep reading over and over...get a coin op.

SO I started looking for used coin op tables...I found one in my general area and the guy is selling it for 650 obo...

I asked for pictures...and from reading on this forum tried to get some of the goalie box, and the playing surface.

This table in question looks a little dirty...and unkept...

I am not sure what the age is...any chance someone could take a look at and possibly give me any information regarding the model of this table?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Looking for my first table...looking for advice.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the playfield looks ok.  It has the old sidestrips, but not a deal breaker, especially if it's your first table.  Just make sure the playing surface is not warped.  This particular model didn't have that issue for  the most part.  The legs look like they may not be original, or maybe the laminate just came off.  The corner above and to the right of the coin slot is chipped.  That's not really a big deal as it doesn't affect playability.

Are there any local players you can get to go with you to inspect it? (and not be an associate of the seller)

As for price, I'm not really up to date on that.  I'll defer to the guys who keep up with it.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »
Thank you for the input, what function does the side strips play that you mention?  Is that the portion of the playing field that meets the outer wall?

I didn't even notice the legs...that is a little concerning for me.

Just last night I found a dark wood coin op about an hour away from me that was listed for 600 at a game company...I gave them a call and they agreed they would come down in price for 500 bucks.

The table looks 100% better compared to the one I have posted above.

for a dark wood colored coin op (probably in the same class as the one I listed above)...I haven't seen one for sale under 500 dollars.

Could anyone please comment on the value for 500 bucks?  If pictures are needed for the table I just found I can get them posted but it looks clean, with no marks...I would have the table set up when I sent to see it and would try to make sure the table surface wasn't warped.

Thanks again for any help.

Lee

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
I have 6 Tornados, 6 Deutsher Meister and 1 Dynamo, for sale.  Tables prices vary.
All tables are coin operated (.50$/play) All tables are in good condition. Cleaned and disinfected inside and out, with hospital grade disinfectant (H110).
Pics available
You must transport machine yourself unless you are local (binghamton, ny area)   
If so we may be able to arrange delivery for a fee
txt 607 237 4877   
cyabusa@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
leeland, I think I would hold out on that one.  I think you will find a decent coin-op  for $450-$500.  That seems to be the going rate and if you're patient and dilgent, you'll snag one.

Nothing wrong with that one per say, but i think you can grab a grey marble for a lower price.  You just may have to drive cross state.