Foosball.com Forums

Looking for a Table under $1K

Looking for a Table under $1K
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
I am looking for a Tornado table for home use with room to grow and after much research I have narrowed it down to the following tables although the prices may vary:

1) Cyclone - new in the box but three years old $825 plus freight going to NJ - (estimated cost $950)
Pros: Quality table under $1K even though its no longer made
Cons: I understand you can no longer get the feet if they break since they changed then to the easy levelers.

2) Elite - several places to buy but all will require shipping which further puts this tables price to high. (Estimated cost $1,200).  A used one would put this in my price range but this is not easy to find.
Pros: New model slightly upgraded feature from Cyclone
Cons: Price

3) Used coin-op - no specific table identified because price appears to be way over $1K unless I find an old table from a bar with too much damage. I hear the coin-ops will be the only table you ever buy but I am not sure I need this quality based on the level I anticipate playing.
Pros: table for life
Cons: Don't like the colors and weight will further increase the price if shipped

In the end should I just buy an Elite and pay the extra money or go with the Cyclone as its likely you will never need the foot as this rarely breaks.

Re: Looking for a Table under $1K
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
If you're in the Jersey area, there is a table on the Philadelphia craigslist for $700. A brown marble tornado coin op. I would offer $500 and see if they take it. A coin op has better resale value.

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:29 PM »
Excellent way to write a question. If you write like that, maybe soon, you will be able to play the game well too.

I am not trying to appeal to your vanity with that statement, but if it helps, so be it.

Fireball Table Soccer Home model series.

If you want to play on the best playing table consider it. They blow the doors off the Cyclone and Elite.

I would put in my www but I don't want to look like a complete ass. Just a half ass.

Thanks for asking and telling all of us what you have going.

Brad Laurine

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
I wrote the link before and have helped more people than I can count get a Tornado coin op...I mention Fireball but haven't said enough editing that post
http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

Thing is, even though Brad may be biased since he distributes the table, I have played Foosball starting in the 70's  stopped in early 80's and picked it back up again in 2003...I have averaged probably 2 hours a day practice on a Tornado coin op and as you can read from my post I have made it part of my business to know something about the history of the T coin ops and have kept up with their resale/purchase value (and $500 is too much for a Brown Marble by the way) - main reason is it had been the Tournament table in the US for the previous nearly 30 years now 40...they are sturdy and can really hold up in bar setting which is why and how they were designed originally...they are a great table in many ways but have some play limitations...a few years ago T made some changes to address a few of these short-comings and they made some improvements but didn't really go as far as they should have in mine or most people's opinions

with all that said, I had one of the Fireball home models at my house for months and it is by far a better table...here are a couple links to some of my comments so I don't have to repeat them

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=4574.msg20538#msg20538

and this one is important reading http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=4554.30

quick summary - Fireball is a far better table even the home model in build quality and many other respects and unless you plan on playing tournaments regularly (I mean every week at a local and 5-10 a year regional/majors) buy the Fireball even if it means spending a little more or waiting a little longer until you have what it takes to get the FB

good luck

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »
Thanks for all information on this forum is been extremely helpful guiding me to make the right decision. Prior to considering Fireball tables I had decided to spend the extra dough and buy a slightly used T3000 coin-op for reasons clearly explained in your posts. If I were to buy a Fireball do you still recommend the coin-op over home tables to maintain the resale value if I can afford it given I am using it for recreational use only?

To be honest my biggest concern not knowing a whole lot about Fireball's financial strength and market penetration is whether they will survive. Maybe Brad can provide this information for me. While I know their are no guarantees I just need to understand the risk I am taking in buying a Fireball vs Tornado or any other table for that matter.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:47:51 AM by sbrusca »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
Fireball doesn't have the track record yet that Tornado has.  It's hard to say what resale value might be as I haven't seen an after market for them.  I will say though, that they do play well.  If they fall flat on their face, will Tornado men fit as a replacement if originals aren't available?  I don't know but I suspect they would.  The bearings would be more of a concern assuming the men fit.  They appear to be taking hold a bit in the Northwest and there is plenty of interest in other areas.  Only time will tell.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
Fireball is the strongest of all the "contenders" that have come along...the owner of Fireball builds tens of thousands of tables for other manufactures like Shelti (and other known brand names) and is big business...he wanted his own table...Fireball in the US is just coming up on two years old but its been around for 5 or 6, maybe more...it started in Asia and then to Europe...the US table was tweaked with all the feedback of the years it already had in the field and all the feedback serious tournament foosers have been giving Tornado for years

this is why it plays so well and in my opinion, as you may have read, is the best playing foosball table ever made...now our Bonzini brothers would think that is just stupid and I know it is opinion but I believe a table should be level and allow the player to do everything that is possible on a table...Bonzini is the KING of the pinned ball and few (like Garlando) tables come close to its unique, but very limited, style and that is fine for foosball...I love the history its quirky character, like playing grass vs clay in Tennis I suppose

but Fireball is sort of the best all around table...better made than Tornado (every aspect) and plays better...and the rods...man, the rods....no table even comes close, these things are like magic and they just get better and better the longer you play on them and Tornado will seem more and more sluggish, like you are trying to pull your rod through magma that is hardening...the rods are soooo easy on your body...if you are coming from a Tornado background it takes time to learn you don't have to muscle the rod...if you are a T player now you don't think you muscle the rod but let me tell you that after a few months on Fireball and you are becoming one with the rod and letting it do the work, and then go back to Tornado, you will wonder how you never noticed and how you put up with it all those years

long story, I think Fireball already 6-7 yrs old isn't going anywhere...they are taking things slow and have no delusions of trying to knock T off its pirch...they want to grow their business ground up little at a time (partly because they don't want to spend the money to "market" it) but Brad has been around the game many years and is as good a guy as we have and its his business as US distributor and I feel certain Fireball will out live Brad - not wishing you ill will Brad, hope you hang around another 40 years even though that would make you...what? 122 years old?...anyway, I digress

buy Fireball, I would even if I was going to play T tournaments and I would just learn to make the adjustments to T...first chance I get, I will say goodbye to my trusted T and get me the Fireball coin op and that will be the last table I ever buy

I am 55 so maybe that isn't saying that much but I plan to play until I am 90 but if you are 20, it can be your last table too!

there, is that direct enough?

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
I have 6 Tornados, 6 Deutsher Meister and 1 Dynamo, for sale.  Tables prices vary.
All tables are coin operated (.50$/play) All tables are in good condition. Cleaned and disinfected inside and out, with hospital grade disinfectant (H110).
Pics available
You must transport machine yourself unless you are local (binghamton, ny area)   
If so we may be able to arrange delivery for a fee
txt 607 237 4877   
cyabusa@yahoo.com

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
sbrusca,

Fireball is also an official ITSF (International Table Soccer Federation) table, that adds a lot to the resale value if you ever consider departing from your Fireball table.

In the ITSF website they show the old model

http://www.table-soccer.org/tables/fireball.php

This is the new 2012 model of the Official ITSF table:

http://www.fireballtablesoccer.com/joomla15/products.html?start=5

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
I have used coin op Tornados for sale. starting around $400
Located in Binghamton NY
Also have Deutsher Meisters