Foosball.com Forums

new to the forum and new to the game

new to the forum and new to the game
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »
Hi I just recently bought my first house and decided to get my first foosball table for the games room. I found a used FAS table for $130 which looks to be a great deal from what I've seen available. I'm not sure of the model name if anyone is familiar. It has a few small scratches and needed some routine maintenance, but looks to be in great shape otherwise. My question is which ball(s) should I be looking at for this table? I see a few threads about this ball being good for this and that one for that, but does a particular ball play better on a particular table? The table has a glass playing surface and the single ball that came with the table seems to have very little control, although I'm sure that I am a significant part of that too.  ;)

Thanks.

EDIT: sorry, i asked if anyone could ID my table and then forgot to post a picture - duh! it's the same one shown here
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:08:07 PM by brendelac »

Offline FOOZUL

Re: new to the forum and new to the game
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
Very nice Italian table, FAS is a good company with good reputation. However, you will not get Love from this Forum for this table. I love it, I learned on these tables when I was in Italy and love the way they play over there. If you don't care about participating in the Tournaments here than it shouldn't be an issue. But if you want to get into Tournaments than you will have major adjustment issues to Tornadoes and Fireballs that they play here.

I can't believe you got it for that price in that clean shape....You got a great table I wish I had one of those in the collection. As far as parts, you may able to get the right balls for this table from Canada, I know this seller in Canada sells FAS parts. I'd have to get back to you on that one. I think this table was a great find... 8)

If you're a great player like Jamal Allalou you can still do your thing on a full-on Italian style table, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swsQuGTLtbs

Re: new to the forum and new to the game
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Being that I am new to the game, I am a long long LONG way from being tournament ready. I've been browsing the used listings for a month or so and all that's been available is the sportcraft and harvard models that are a dime a dozen. This is the first quality table that I've come across and for the price, I wasn't going to let someone else scoop it.

I'm in Canada, in BC so if you know of a dealer that I could contact, that would be appreciated. Also, you mentioned the "right balls" - can you be more specific. I don't mind buying online. Thanks.