Foosball.com Forums

Wrap questions

Wrap questions
« on: September 18, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wondering how long a handle wrap will last each of you experienced players. I have a couple of white Wilson Pro overgrips, some black Wilson Ultra overgrips, and I just got 4 Foosball.com handle wraps yesterday.

Currently I have 6 of the black Wilson overgrips on my table at home along with 2 of the white Wilson overgrips. The white ones felt better initially but they got really dirty and seemed to lose their tackiness pretty quick. I plan to wait until these Wilson grips are all done for then replace them with Foosball.com wraps.

Any experiences with washing or cleaning them? I tried to search but came up empty handed on this stuff.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Wrap questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:25:00 AM »
I use Pro's Pro wraps (from uk EBAY) and find them good for about 300 hours or so.  I don't bother washing them as by the time they're due for replacement, they've deteriorated beyond washing.  Since I use a cut off from an old bicycle tire to secure them in place, the wraps get dirty pretty fast so I don't bother to wash them (they'll just get dirty again quick).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:27:44 AM by jagiar »

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
Right on. Thanks for the info! So I'll just have to get used to these Wilson wraps loosing some of their tackiness pretty quick, but I should be able to get a lot more our of them than I thought.

Anyone else willing to post up some experiences with wraps? Anyone use the Foosball.com wraps that are sold on this site? I was planning to wait until these Wilson wraps were done to try them out but 300 hours of use is a long time, especially since my table only sees a couple hours of real use a week and the rest is just me practicing a few passes and snake shots.

Offline Pat

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
I prefer MasterWrap.  The Ultra-Sticky 0.6mm wrap is indeed very sticky.  I can't say exactly how many hours it lasts, but its long enough.  Unlike some other grips, they are designed specifically for foosball.