Chat Area > Offense

Front-pin (euro-pin) direct shot.

(1/3) > >>

Malamir:
I'm a newbie keen on front-pin shot. I love to watch Collignon in action. There are quite a few thing that I don't know how to execute with the front-pin. One of them is the direct (straight) shot. I found a tutorial on youtube but the guy is not in contact with the handle at all the time while executing the shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0HVr3dz49A&feature=relmfu

Is it a valid shot on this tutorial or is there another way to shoot straight in front-pin?

Many thanks,
Malamir

SilentSam:
Yes it's valid. Yes, there are other ways of shooting the straight. The other way is to simply move around the ball, backswing, come back to it and shoot it straight in (without spinning). Best of luck with your shot, you picked one of the hardest shots to master.

Malamir:
Thank you SilentSam. I tried without spinning but I cannot shoot it straight :) I always get to some sort of diagonal and ends up blocked by the defense.
I think in the first shot (starts at 15 sec) in this video grand-master Collegnon is doing the spinning straight shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQNcPdzeg1w&t=15s

Once again thank you very much!

garabdorje:
You just need to practice the shot. At first the same thing happened to me, my preferred shot is the euro pin. So to get the ball to shot straight you need to pull your hand up in a perfectly straight motion. It is an open hand shot as you can see from Collignon videos. The trick is to not pull sideways because that will affect the area of the ball you hit and it will en up having a diagonal effect. Hitting the ball right in the middle is what you want to do.

And don't forget to stop the rod before in spins more than 360 degrees!

Malamir:
Thank you Garabdorje.
You are absolutely right. I tried it and I'll need to practice it for some time :). Although it's relatively simple movement even slightest lateral movement causes the ball to get some kind of diagonals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version