Foosball.com Forums

Does anyone play in Bakersfield

Does anyone play in Bakersfield
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
I used to play in the mid/late 70's back in the days of TS Green, then Blue, then Brown Tops.   There were always lots of people to play with/against.    Today I live in Bakersfield, CA and am considering buying a table for my game room.    The problem is that I know of NO ONE who plays these days.     Are there any players in Bako???

Re: Does anyone play in Bakersfield
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
Hi Eric,

I am the Foos Club advisor at CSU, Bakersfield. We have two Tornado Elite tables at the University. One is located in our dining commons and the other table is in the Student Union lounge. We are a small student recreational club. We probably have less than 10 players now. We used to have more, but many graduated last year. We used to hold quarterly tournaments, but now we are just trying to recruit new student members. In Bako, I know that the Firehouse sportsbar on White lane has a Tornado table. Supposedly, there is another Tornado table at a pool hall west of Calloway Drive on Rosedale Hwy., but I doubt these two tables see much foosball action. I'm looking for foosball players in the Bako area outside of the University. I'd be up for playing on a regular basis if we could find more Bako foosers. Maybe if we have enough players and a place to play, we can get a local league going.

- Tony Frutos
Chewztony@yahoo.com