Foosball.com Forums

Brown Marble Tornado upgrade?

Brown Marble Tornado upgrade?
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any way to take a brown marble coin-op Tornado, and make it play like the newer T3000's, or are there inherent structural charactersistics which will ultimately prevent that?  I guess I'm basically curious if one can switch out men and balls, and come up with something close, and is it even worth the expense in the long run?

Then again, is there a Tornado table I can purchase used which plays pretty much the same as the newer table with new balls?  Hell....any combination of used table and rods, men, and/or balls would be welcomed.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:31:11 PM by fletcher969 »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Brown Marble Tornado upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »
The men, handles, sidestrips, and bearing are all interchangeable. Add new balls and the table will be very similar. It will not feel exactly the same but it should be close enough.

Re: Brown Marble Tornado upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:20 PM »
The men, handles, sidestrips, and bearing are all interchangeable. Add new balls and the table will be very similar. It will not feel exactly the same but it should be close enough.

Thanks for the reply AT.  I'm not sure if you're simply saying said parts are interchangeable, or if you're also indicating one should swap them out for T3000 style play...or if you're saying one can take a stock coin-op brown marble, and make it play like a T3000 just by swapping out the balls.

Please advise...and thanks again.