Foosball.com Forums

Table value? German Football by Vulcan

Table value? German Football by Vulcan
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
Hi foosers! I have a table I almost sold at a recent garage sale for $35. Then, I decided to keep it and research it. Geez! I also played it a few times. Much fun!! However, there seems to be limited information about the table and information suggesting how I should price it when I try to sell again. I'm now guessing $250.

This seems like the site for topical experts!! Can you please share you knowledge?

From what I can tell my table was one of the first two tables made in the US by ESSCO Amusements after they imported the first two tables from Germany to model after. I'm guessing 1970's and made at Red Bank in New Jersey. The table has cute little German men in red and blue suits with red pouty lips. From pictures online I can tell my table does not have the original legs (which should be maple and attached at an angle), but please look at the pictures I have posted and tell me what you do know about it.  I'm not sure what to do with the table... I don't really have the room to keep it for much longer.

OK-I couldn't figure out how to post pictures yet. I'll post those next after I figure it out... Stand by.

Re: Table value? German Football by Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
[http://www.flickr.com/photos/vulcangirl326/8164487863/]

Here are photos of the table on Flickr. Please share you knowledge about this table. I'm trying to uncover it's history and price it right.

Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
Those men are tourament soccer green top men.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33:50 PM »
Well, my friend in Portland just said it could be worth between $2,500 and $3,500.  My boyfriend thinks I should sell it and get a Tornado table to play instead.

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
No way worth that much... I bought a DM which is very similar for $150.00.  Good luck!