Foosball.com Forums

chemical to clean tornado playing surface

chemical to clean tornado playing surface
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
My surface is really dirty and it seems to be making my tornado balls get dirty quickly also.  I would like to clean it.  I doubt it has been cleaned in 15 years or more.  Warm soapy water doesnt seem to be getting all the grime off that it accumulated in the bar.

Is there something more aggressive i can use?  Perhaps some simple green and steel wool or firm brissled brush?  Degreaser?  anything?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: chemical to clean tornado playing surface
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
Rubbing alcohol and a rag have always done the trick for me. I would be wary about using harsh chemicals or anything abrasive like steel wool. Those would likely do more harm than good.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
I used 409 to clean my tables.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:46:58 AM »
Both of the above products work great. On my commercial route I first used 409 but later moved to rubbing alcohol. It is cheap, evaporates "clean" without additional needs of rinsing, and cuts through anything from nicotine to black silicone grime.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
All is well.  I ended up using alchohol w/  the green side of a scotch sponge.  The abrasiveness pulled alot of the gunk up and the table is looking almost as good as new.