Foosball.com Forums

What table should I buy

What table should I buy
« on: November 25, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »
Hey everyone, first post here.

I am trying to figure out which table to buy. I have narrowed it down to three different brands, but not sure where to go from here.

Tornado - Seems to be the "popular" choice.
    Warrior - I'm seeing some bad things. Also, I don't really like the 1 man goalie style. Sidenote: why the difference between 1 or 3 goalies?
    Fireball - Reading some really good things. Bit concerned about the price. Impossible to find a used one near me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: What table should I buy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
The differrence in 1 or 3 man goalies is minimal, but euro's typically play 1 man goalies while americans use 3, with the three man golies allowing for slightly faster pace of play.

all three would be a good choice, but most of the tournies and bars in the US are going to have tornado's so it would make sense to have one of those to practice your play.

you are missing a VERY important piece of info though which is your budget.  How much are you able to spend?

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:44:17 AM »
My personal experience:

I own a) A Garlando World Champion (bought new in 2007) b) Tornado grey marble (bought used in 2010) c) 2 Fireballs (bought new recently)

In terms of robustness I would have to say the best is FB, then Garlando then Tornado.  Tornado has issues like men cracking around the head area, chipped bearings, chipped goals (mine has the first two but not chipped goals).  Mind you, I think the Tornado is older than 2007 so maybe it's an age thing but I bought it in good condition so maybe it wasn't all that played on either.  Been banging on Garlando for 6 years and absolutely no problems with it.  Fireball is built like a friggin tank and I can't even envision having serious issues with it.

In terms of playability I would say FB and G are about neck and neck.  G is a little more finicky because the men's feet are so small.  So your actions need to be precise and sharp.  Control on G takes time to develop.  I've only played on FB for a couple of weeks and the transition to it is rather easy.  Control is good but I find the rods just aren't as smooth as G so it will take time.  T is good but the transition curve to it is just incredibily steep.  It's a tough adjustment that many European players seem to have trouble with.  I find T to be too bulky and not refined.  But I'm sure T players will probably feel the same about G or FB.

If you're considering buying new then FB is, hands down, the best value for money IMO.  If buying used then comparisons get a little tough to measure because it will be based on a table-by-table basis.  Plus, as you mentioned FB is tough to find used.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:46:07 AM by jagiar »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
If you plan on playing local/regional/major tournaments (chances are that if you are posting here, you will) there is only 1 choice. Tornado Coin-op

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
Thank you for your replies, everyone.

What are the thoughts on the new Warrior Table? I just got an email that they are having a little Christmas sale on them, and they are half the price of a used tourney Tornado. I'm not used to the 1 goalie style, and I'm worried it might be too light, but it may have some promise.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
Warriors are fun tables. May be worth getting one if you can get a good deal on price and shipping.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »
What do you think about this one? links removed. spam. sorry.
Be about 660 including shipping.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:42:29 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
just me but i would be worried about it only weighing 158 pounds   if you shop around long enough you should be able to find an old brown marble coin op in decent condition that weighs around 350 pounds for less money.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
The Warrior is a very good option, specialy now with the December discount :)

You can add wheight to the legs they are hollow bringing the table over the 200 Lb.

And you have 1 year waranty! or 3 years for 40 bucks that's great!

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
Yea, I think I have too many concerns about the Warrior table.

I am in AZ. Part of the problem is delivery is pretty much the only option I have to get a table, and that severely cuts down on the choices I have.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
I am also looking to buy a new table. I have narrowed my choices down to the Fireball or Warrior table. I prefer the wider variety of play styles these tables allow over the fast tornado. Fireball is very slow to respond but I did receive this respond from Dennis of Fireball

Our Christmas pricing for the Fireball tables is as follows:

Fireball Co-op ITSF Official Competition, 1-man or 3-man goalie      --- $1,050 +$200 S&H
                                                           Tournament-used             --- $950 + $200 S&H
Fireball ITSF Official Competition 1-man or 3-man goalie (US PRO) --- $ 850 plus $180 S&H
Fireball ITSF Training 3-man goalie                                               --- $ 550 plus $150 S&H

Above prices are for delivery to a commercial shipping location in your area. Delivery to door will be extra.

Please email us about your table choice. For payment, please deposit a check into the US Bank account before shipping.

Thanks for your patience.

Dennis

I am waiting for further information about the differences between these 3 fireball tables.