January 18th and 19th, 2013
$1,000.00 in Cash, Prizes and Trophies
The  Beach Tavern
413 West Fort Macon Road
Atlantic Beach, NC 28512

Face book sesarch: The Beach Tavern

Proceeds to benefit: Hope Mission of Carteret County
Visit: http://www.hmcm.org/

Tournament Organizers: Love & Company and Bonzini U.S.A.

Tournament poster:
http://bonziniusa.com/foosball/tournament/events/2013-1-18/2013%20Crystal%20Coast%20Foosball%20Poster.pdf

The Crystal Coast Foosball Challenge event kicks off our 2013 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour season and it's for a very worthy cause. We have been fortunate to work with Hope Mission in past years and very excited to once again support the important work and services they provide for Carteret County. The Beach Tavern is a tremendous location for this event with it's roots with Bonzini U.S.A. dating back to 1999. As with most beach towns in the winter, we will be the main attraction for the weekend.
Players are reminded that either a 5 lbs. bag of Beans or Rice is part of your entry fee. We will be delivering the food and donations early Sunday morning to Hope Mission for those wanting to help. The following Monday is a Federal holiday which will provided an extra day of rest for players returning to work on Tuesdsay so we hope to have a great turnout.

Thanks to the following supporters:

Love and Company (JR Cox)
The Davis Family (Larry Davis)
The Beach Tavern (Libby and Jeff Smith)
Coastal Beverage 

Beach Tavern Foosball Action !

2013 marks the start of our 15th year as Bonzini U.S.A. We are looking forward to reuniting some of our retired players and organizers from the past and those that are currently growing the awareness of Bonzini U.S.A. foosball later this year to celebrate the journey we've had. Thanks for a great 2012 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour which raised over $8,000.00 in charitable donations to various charities at our tournament stops.

Happy New Year to all of our players!

Alan

Re: 2013 Crystal Coast Foosball Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »
Hi Alan,

Quick question: How "novice" are the typical players in the novice tournament category? True novices? I'd like to start participating in your tournaments but I'd hate to drag some poor soul down to my level if "novice" really means "pretty darn good, just not elite".

Thanks!

Kevin

Re: 2013 Crystal Coast Foosball Challenge
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:46:27 AM »
Our novices are truer to the name than what you may experience at a large tournament.
With our ELO ranking system, players graduate to a different division a little more omn merit of play. I hate sandbaggers ::).
I do see a need in the near future to start a beginners division because a "Novice Elite" is a pretty well schooled player as far as game knowledege and basic skills to compete. One thing you will find is that our players are very willing to help assist a new players adaptation to our tournament flow. We'd love to have you join in and have some fun. Our player base has had steady growth over the last 5 years. I think our entry fees and tournament structure make for a great weekend of foosball without breaking the bank, plus we're typically playing for a good cause in the local community.

Alan