Foosball.com Forums

Weight of Counterbalanced vs 'non' men

Weight of Counterbalanced vs 'non' men
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »
All - I am new to the forum.  I just managed to get a foos table at my office - my co workers and I threw in and bought a shelti.   I own a shelti pro foos and shelti is a Michigan company, so I am partial to shelti.

In either case, I was wondering if anyone knew the difference in weight between counter balanced men and the 'basic' men.  The table we bought is their entry level table and does not have counterbalanced men.  It will almost always be used in 2v2 format so its not that big of a deal, but I was thinking of modifying the men.

we have a full shop at our disposal so we can probably do something that works - I just wanted to know if someone already knew how much weight was needed in the head of the men to balance it out.

thanks in advance
-martini

Re: Weight of Counterbalanced vs 'non' men
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »
I decided to just take the men off and weigh them.... 

Shelti Counterbalanced men:          71.97 grams
Shelti Non-counterbalanced Men:    51.45 grams

so figured 20 grams to the head of each man to balance them.... now I have to figure out how to do that in a non-ghetto manner

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:56:25 AM by martymizah »

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »
It will also make a difference if the 20g weight is a sphere near the top of the head, a narrow cylinder that goes deeper into the neck, etc. Someone needs to x-ray a counter-weighted man to see the shape and location of the counterweight :)

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »
I actually was able to balance the men by using a hose clamp - I will take pictures.  The weight is evenly distributed around the mens head. They actually look like little ninja's now...haha

The clamp was 17g so I used some small amount of electrical tape to make up the other 3 g.

Here is a picture

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
They actually look like little ninja's now

I was thinking Hannibal Lecter