Foosball.com Forums

Hollow Rods

Hollow Rods
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »
Does anyone have a source to buy hollow rods, possibly less expensive than tornado ?

I found this set on Amazon(link below) but if you read the review near the bottom the 2 man rod is the wrong length and the holes are drilled too far apart.
I contacted the seller to see if the review was incorrect  but it was correct. The 2 man rod in this set is 47 inches long, mine are 50 3/4" , also the holes in this rod are drilled 11 13/16" apart, mine are 9 5/8" apart.
I dont see how this 2 man rod could possibly work on any brand table. All the other rods in the set are the correct size.

http://www.amazon.com/Set-Hollow-Foosball-Rods-Table/dp/B002UK6QT2/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358298518&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=foodball+rods

Why are generic rods so hard to find?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Hollow Rods
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:22 PM »
Why do you want generic rods? I have never bought anything like those in the link you posted but aside from being the wrong length and being drilled wrong, I bet they don't hold up to abuse either.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
Why do you want generic rods? I have never bought anything like those in the link you posted but aside from being the wrong length and being drilled wrong, I bet they don't hold up to abuse either.

I'm sure you are right but I am just trying to find a less expensive alternative to the Tornado rods which I know are very good quality rods.  The table I want them for gets very light use.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »
you can try a local machine shop, im sure they can make them.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »
No, don't go to a machine shop. they can't make them for the money you can buy them online (chrome plated). If it was me, spend the little extra and get he tornado rods if that's the table your buying them for. money well spent. Only my opinion though.