Foosball.com Forums

Almost Done

Almost Done
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
Well the rebuild is almost complete. Still haven't found out exactly what model it is. From what I have searched on the internet, it's a TP2000. It's the brown marble, non-coin. There's a brochure on Ebay with the same exact table, black leveler feet, ash trays on each side that fit into 2 holes in the cabinet. The theres another site that has a TP2000 that has a split cabinet. Everthing else is the same. I'm figuring maybe just the year makes the difference, you tell me. I just put all new split bearings in and nuts on. All men, bumpers soaked in really hot water and dish soap, came out nice and clean and installed with new pins. The small bit of rust on the rods came out Great using foil and vinegar and then lightly with #0000 steel wool and water. Putting on the tornado emblems this afternoon. Just a little bling for my own taste. Another question has anybody used one of the lights made for the tornado table? Thought it might be nice to move the table around without having to change the lighting all the time. Having a little superbowl party with a small tournament. Got 5 teams confirmed at $20 a team, 75% going to the winner and 25% going to the house for the table ( silicone, wear and tear and probably some of my beer..lol). Had to turn some away to keep it smaller, after all it's not a bar. Couldn't believe all that wanted to come and play. Anyway thats it, I'll let ya all know how it turned out and any answers to the questions would be helpful. Thanks...Jeff
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:40:31 PM by ponyboy »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:29:48 PM by ponyboy »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Almost Done
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:28 PM »
Busted link

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:26:47 PM by ponyboy »

Done ready to play
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
it's time to play, are the pictures viewable? talked to Charles at tornado foosball and he stated that because of the scoring post being yellow on one side and black on the other it was a TP2000 made between 84 and 90 he thought.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:06:07 PM by ponyboy »

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
Nice job man. That's a really pretty table. I looked for one just like that for a month or two before I got a really good deal on my Shelti Foos 300.

Of course, a month after I bought my table and just after I traded my truck for a car I found a split top one just like this for $350....I was totally bummed! I would have loved to do the same thing you did. One of the best looking tables out there in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
Thanks DeMarco, turned out pretty good for a barn find. Wasn't sure it was gonna clean up as nice as it did. Had a fair amount of rust on the rods and covered in dirt. But after the tear down, some new parts and it actually turned out pretty good. The emblems were just for my own taste but thought they added a little bling. After all was said and done I ended up with $425 in it. Wouldn't have cared if i had 600 in it, it was a labor of love rescuing it from that old barn...lol. A friend of mine came over after work for the first game this morning, I sure have a lot of pratice to do before the superbowl party, the old wrist just don't work like they did 30 years ago..lol...Again thanks...jeff