Foosball.com Forums

Advice for my first table?

Advice for my first table?
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:17 AM »
Reworking my basement and looking to add a foosball table.  I have been researching all of the different tables and it seems there is a lot to learn.  Since I'm a newbie, a tournament table isn't necessary but I would like a solid, competitive table.  I came across this TS Million Dollar table with a Black Top.  From what I've been reading, it could be a good one for me to start with - at $150 would this baby be worth the investment for my first table? It looks older, has an ashtray at each end and in great shape - I'm trying to add a pic but can't seem to do so...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:48:26 AM by schira9 »

Re: Advice for my first table?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:04:56 AM »
It depends on the condition of the table. Since the table is probably from the 70's, common problems are bent rods (hard to fix) and "blown out" (chipped and plastic trim broken) goals. If it looks good, then go for it. Old school Million dollar tables are bitchin'. Put a can of Lemon Pledge next to it for old time sake.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:35:32 AM »
Thanks a lot - that helps!  If someone could direct me on how to post a pic, I'd put one up for more detail.  The condition looks great so I think I'll go for it!

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »
Actually, the good news is that the black top TS tables are not from the original Tournament Soccer era from the 70's. The black tops are still made today, and I think they've been around for less than 20 years total.

Tyler

Offline marty

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »
yes when i got back into foose i felt i would buy the table i played in back in the day T S brown  so i bought a T S black matble  new  not made by the same company from back in the day / lee pepper,hs white side strips that do not counter sink into the table like the brown top with the rainbow strips did i ended up takein the strips off replaceing the men with black and gray men and useing tornado balls ended up selling it to a friend  $ 150  if in good shape and you are not wanting to do tournment play be a good buy

Offline alaris

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »