Foosball.com Forums

How much can I charge for a Club Membership?

How much can I charge for a Club Membership?
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
Hello, I am just starting a Foosball Club in my home town, I will start from scratch since this is a Foosball dead zone and I have to educate people to create a player base that later on I will use to make some tournaments or even a league. It all depends on how many people I can gadder.

I am going to start a Foosball class trough my state college, I hope I can get enough people that way to start a club. But that will be starting on August with the school semester. Meanwhile I want to promote the Foosball Club in High schools and other universities, my only problem right now is that I don't know how much I can charge.

I am going to buy two Warrior tables, so I am limited to a small amount of players. When more players come I will get more tables. I was thinking on charging 15 dollars per month for people coming trough college and 25 for everyone else.

Will I be charging to much? or not enough?

-Thai Beamonte-

Re: How much can I charge for a Club Membership?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:38:53 AM »
I guess you nned to figure out what is your over all goals for the club?

You need to look at what your overall objectives are and what are your outcomes.

You may want to look at different ways of promoting your club. (Social media, fliers, You tube, t-shirts)  If there is a Pro in your area possibly inviting him or her down for a demonstration clinic. 

As for cost, I work in a college town (u of Iowa) I also work in the parks and recreation field and I think you would be better off charging a smaller set fee for students. I would go with a set fee for 6 months or do a year. I think as you build this club you can start to explore different avenues of raising money or look at raising prices (fundraisers are alway good as well as asking for donations)

This is just my 2 cents

Travis

Re: How much can I charge for a Club Membership?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:08:16 AM »
Thank you Travis!

I will think about the set fee option, for colleage students I will be giving them a discount on the monthly fee. i dont know if paying for three to six months in advance will work. I guess I will have to try to figure it out or make a survey.

My inmediate goal is to create a player base that later I can use to create tournaments. If I founf out theres enough interest then I would like to create a league :)

I would be charging a fee to get access to the venue to practice, I will continue to give introductory clasess to Foosball trhough my state university so I can get more people involve. I do really need to teach newcomers the  basic rules and the basics of Foosball before I can have a tournament or a league.

I thnk a league will give me a steady extra income I would continue making tournament so people not in the league can participate. I know having sponsord is a must have and I already have somethinh in mind regarding that.

So thank you againg Travis for your answer :)