Foosball.com Forums

New table for son

New table for son
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »
Hi all - I just recently discovered this forum while researching tables...  So much good info here, thank you to everyone that contributes!  My son is keen on foosball, and we recently moved and now have room for a table.  I'd like to get him a good one we can all enjoy, and I'm looking for a good, used Tornado.  I found what I think is a nice coin-op locally, but I'm not sure how much to offer.  Could someone suggest a good starting point please for the table below?  Thanks very much.

Re: New table for son
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:16:59 AM »
That table is relatively new so depending on how badly the seller wants to get rid of it it will cost at least a grand in a bidding war. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, you might look for an older Tornado model.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
Thanks much, Anderson!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »
I'd be curious about why the cabinet lock has been changed to a hasp.  It shouldn't affect playability though, and still looks pretty good.  Open it up and make sure it doesn't have any damage from being pried open.  From the picture, it doesn't appear to have any. 

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »
Good eye!  I didn't realize what that was...  I will ask him about it for sure!  Thanks a bunch.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »
One reason is that anybody can get a key to the cabinet. The vendor probably wanted to keep others out. There's a lack of trust between vendors and players, even when those players use their keys responsibly and even though there's a separate lock box for the money. I can't fault vendors for that.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
You might get lucky. Perhaps there aren't any other bidders. If there are any imperfections(which can often be fixed with a little elbow grease) you might be able to get it around $600, but the seller would have to be oblivious to market value. Good luck.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Sent you a PM