Foosball.com Forums

question about inner bearing design change -Tornado Elite vs Cyclone II

Tornado - Elite Foosball Table Review:
The Elite foosball table is a new table model that replaced the Cyclone II table  in 2010. This table is a professional built table made for home usage. This beautiful table features dual side ball returns, heavy and lightweight rods and Tornado's patented split bearings for easy maintenance and professional play quality. Includes redesigned player foot which allows more precise ball control with higher cross hatching and square sides. A new thinner inner bearing design does not allow the ball to be passed between the man and the wall. Patented rubber bumper player and rod guarantee super-fast durable play.

I am considering buying a used Cyclone II - on the Tornado site the Elite table says they changed the thickness on the inner bearing so the ball does not pass between the man and the wall??

question? is there that big of a gap that you can pass the ball up the wall on the Cyclone table???

Yes a ball will pass between the top of the foot and the bottom of the bumper on the Cyclone II outside men. The gap is approx 1/16" but have never seen it actually come into play. The ball will not pass between the foot and wall on an outside man.

If it really concerns you you can always shave approx 1/16" off each bumper and that should eliminate the pass through. If you are blocking a bank shot odds are you will pull hard on the rod and compress the bumper enough to stop any ball from passing if it climbs the wall. The margin is so slim I doubt the weakness could ever be used repetitively - would not worry about it. Cyclone II is a good home table.

The table is a little on the light side - I used rubber mats on a concrete unfinished floor to stop the table from moving - works very well. Parts are easy to order as well as the table uses most of the standard tornado parts.