Foosball.com Forums

Purchasing research for 2003 coin-op

Purchasing research for 2003 coin-op
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:45 PM »
I'm new to foosball table buying and playing, but thanks to this list I've identified a $325 table as a 2003 grey marble anniversary edition coin op nearby.  There is no other labeling on coin-op tables to identify the specific year/model? 

Can you easily compare a 2003 grey marble anniversary edition in terms of construction quality to a consumer model for reference?  I've seen the spec comparisons (http://www.foosballsoccer.com/tables/reviews) between  a Storm or Cyclone vs. a Whirlwind etc., so I'm just trying to have a reference.  The weight is more because of thicker walls and legs, and the coin-op machinery? 

The pictures posted by the seller doesn't show me the sides or legs.  It appears to standing on one end.  I'll have to make sure it's setup so I can test for warpness from what I've read. 

I've learned a lot from this list so I hope I can make a good decision!  Thanks in advance. 

Ed

Re: Purchasing research for 2003 coin-op - grey marble 30th model or ???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »
I was finally able to speak directly with the seller of the coin-op I'm thinking about.  He says he bought it for his brother and it's been at his house - says no bent rods, surface is great, men great - not used too much.  Some exterior panel damage. 

The picture says 'product of valley' so per my reading here that'd be a 2003 grey marble 30th anniversary. 

BUT, he's saying it has a wood finish/looking exterior when I expected him to say 'it looks grey'.

Does that make any sense -he must be not recalling correctly?  Or, a previous owner changed it?  Would that be common when buying used in your experience? 

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Purchasing research for 2003 coin-op
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 01:04:31 PM »
check out this post for help   http://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2331.msg10482#msg10482     it seems to me unlikely that someone replaced laminate  though not impossible

Thanks.  What I'm confused on most from my reading here is that the 2003 30th Anniversary table (which uniquely says "product of Valley" on the surface) is a grey marble. 

I found this ad via Google but it looks to me like a Cherry (correct me if I'm wrong please), but still with the "product of Valley" on it. 
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/tornado-t-2000-foosball-coin-op-table-770703/

Apparently then, not all 30th Anniversary tables are grey marbles?  Or is something fishy? 

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
From this post below, I guess it's reasonable to infer that at least some of the first 30th anniversary tables were Cherry, before switching to grey marble.  Thoughts? 

BB:
Cherry -  to end of 2002 - $450 - $650
Fastest of all the tables made and considered by most the worst of all the Tornados (outside of the recent warped top tables)

actually they went to the grey/30 annys after the Cherrys in 2003 . a grey-30anny is a former "cherry" with new grey marble siding, most everything else was the same

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
If the table is a gray marble AND it says "Product of Valley" then it is a 30th anniversary. Cherry/Mahogany coin-ops also say "Product of Valley" (maybe blonde coin-ops, too?) but they are not 30th anniversary tables.