Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Storm II Table Questions

Tornado Storm II Table Questions
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »
Just found this foosball site and hoping someone has an answer or a link to help me out.

I'm just a casual player that had an old sportcraft table in our basement.  Since we have been remodeling, I ended up upgrading my table and bought a used one on impulse off craigslist.  I didn't know too much about it other than it was a Tornado Storm II and it was in nice shape with no chips, broken men, or bent rods.

I have been looking on the web for some spare parts to keep on hand and have noticed that other Storm II tables have two major differneces from the table I bought.
    1. Storm II's I see online have ball returns on the sides of the table and my ball returns are on the ends
    2. Storm II's I see online have leg levelers/feet whereas my table has square rubber feet that fit over the ends of the legs.

Is my table just an older version of the storm II or are there options when ordering the table?  Or is this table not a Storm II?

Any insight or links to the differernt versions of the tables would be great.  Biggest question I have is what spare parts to order as I noticed on the Foosball.com website that they have older/newer men and different types of bearings.

Thanks for the help,
Rick

Re: Tornado Storm II Table Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
Trying to include a few pictures to see if anyone can give me more insight to the table I bought.  Seems to line up more with the features of a Whirlwind rather than a Storm II from what I have seen on the web.  Either way, the price was right and it plays great.  Ordered some spare parts today from Foosball.com and I think I'm in business . . . just need some practice.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:40:32 AM »
Bearings look like they are from a whirlwind but the sidewalls look thicker then my old one. Are the men counterweighted? I have only ever seen the ball returns on the end in a whirlwind. That said, I don't know why an owner would go to the trouble of re-badging it. Maybe someone else here knows better than I do...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »
They are counter-weighted men.  Can the split bearing be used to replace the bearings that are on this table?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:01:12 PM »
No, split bearing will not fit those holes

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:51:19 AM »
I have the exact same table and have wondered the same thing. I mainly just want to figure out the age of it. I bought it used in 08 and the previous owner said it was owned by their church before them and somewhere in that time the sticker with the serial number was removed so I have no way of tracking it. Have you had any luck?

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
My understanding is that there was two different runs of the Storm II. The first is like yours, with the ball returns on the end and boots on the legs; the second is the more traditional, single practice side, ball return placement with round adjustable legs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:05:11 PM by annantrow »