Foosball.com Forums

Can I add leg levelers to tornado twister II?

Can I add leg levelers to tornado twister II?
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:24:40 AM »
I recently bought a used Twister II.  Its in decent shape and I had to order a few new bearings.   My big question is that i have it in my garage with quite a drop in the floor.  has anyone added leg levelers to this type of table.  I think if I buy some good quality ones from home depot they should work.  any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Can I add leg levelers to tornado twister II?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:26 AM »
Short answer: yes.

We did exactly that with the Twister II we have at the office, but, you will have to do some work on the legs first.

The Legs on the Twister II are already the standard height, so just adding leg levelers would make the table too tall, you will therefore need a miter saw or table saw (to ensure a square cut, crucial) to chop off about 4" to accommodate the height of the leg levelers. 

Rather than the Home Depot option (mainly because we didn't think of it) we bought leg levelers and the T-Nuts from here: http://tornadofoosb.powweb.com/store/page23.html

You also need to drill a hole down the center of the leg for the leg leveler bolt, the hole obviously needs to be wider than the bolt, but narrower than the fastening holes for the T-Nuts.  Once the legs are cut to size and the T-Nuts are fastened just screw in the leg levelers and off you go.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »
Thanks so much for the information.  I am hoping to look at these options in the next weeks or so.  I have it level now but I have to move it when I want to put the truck in the garage.  I am even thinking about adding some leg rollers that can be raised and lowered so I can move it without dragging it across the floor.  I know this sounds excessive but I have to keep it in the garage.  I sure wish I had room for it in the house.  I do have a wood burner in the garage and large tv.  I think it will be perfect  for Brown game parties.  LOL.  I wonder if there are roller/levelors that lock.  That would be perfect. 

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »
mounting retractable leg rollers, I'd be interested to hear how you pull that off.  It would be cool so that one person could move the table by themselves without risking damage to the legs.

To add to my answer below:  you may not actually need to cut down the legs of your table, another option is to drill holes for the mounting bolts a bit lower on the leg.  If you are lucky you may already have lower holes on the legs so all you would have to do is install the leg leveler feet and then mount the legs in the lower position. 

The leg levelers we bought from the link I provided earlier were 3" tall, and the hole we needed to drill in the bottom of each leg to accommodate the leveler bolt was 5/8" diameter.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
Odiernod - from the helpful link you provided, did you have to buy the leg leveler plate as well as the leg leveler itself?  I just bought an older model Tornado without leg levelers and want to go the route you did since I'm having trouble leveling it in my basement.  I have a miter saw that I can use if the leg levelers make the table too tall.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:01:37 PM by NatickFooser »