Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Worthington or T3000

Tornado Worthington or T3000
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before.  I did a search and couldn't find any posts about the Tornado Worthington.

I like the look of the Worthington better than the T3000......... I've also done google searches and can't find the Info.........

How does the Worthington compare to the T3000?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Tornado Worthington or T3000
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Nevermind........I went ahead and ordered the Tornado Worthington from Game Room Guys.

http://www.vdlp.net/tornado/worthington.asp

http://www.vdlp.net/brochure/TOR_Elite_Sport_Worthington_Classic_Web.pdf
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:17:50 PM by cktb2793 »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Cool looking table but did you really pay $1600?

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
"Dual Side Returns" 

$1600 and it's not even coin-op....  home-model dressed up....

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:25 AM »
you should have waited and asked more questions before blowing your money on a table like that when you could have had the very latest tournament coin op for the same money, or less, and everyone here would have be jealous as all get out but now those who know feel sorry for you because you have been bilked...dual side returns and not a coin op for $1600 plus shipping...man, stealing made legal

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:58:29 AM »
Enjoy your new table!   

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »
I am actually also hesitating between T3000 and Worthington. They are at similar price. (decor of worthington would fit better in home)

Why is worthington so bad (based on bbtuna). Only difference I can find is the weight. Is T3000 really a much better table ? better resale value ?

Thanks for your help
Yves

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 10:41:22 PM »
Looks like worthington has same weight and same components. Only difference I can see is T3000 cabinet is in 2 parts and can be coin-op. I couldn't see a direct comparison for all components but they seem identical, correct ?.

I am probably missing something but why the T3000 would be better than worthington ?

Thanks much for your help
Yves

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
I would be interested in hearing how the guy who bought the Worthington likes it. The odds of him coming back are probably not that good though. There are some real ambassadors of the game on here....   

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »
Looks like worthington has same weight and same components. Only difference I can see is T3000 cabinet is in 2 parts and can be coin-op. I couldn't see a direct comparison for all components but they seem identical, correct ?.

I am probably missing something but why the T3000 would be better than worthington ?

Thanks much for your help
Yves

Use the search function and you will see why 95% of the people on here will say not to buy anything but a coin-op. Regardless of how they dress it up, that's still a (ridiculously overpriced) home model table.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »
Thanks Alaskan Thunder,

I might still be missing something but I did a search (not easy to get good post selection from search), read many posts in the forum, visited Tornado web site, talked to the Tornado company representative as well as the person selling tournament tables (cannot remember his name now would have to look e-mail). Feedback I got
1) May be a little easier sell (as coin operated might attract commercial buyers)
2) Table is heavier so more stable
3) Table is split so some maintenance might be easier like changing playing field.
4) This is same table as used in tournaments
Other than that I also got feedback like
1) It is exactly the same components (On top)
2) Play the same beside the weight difference (bottom of the table).

So unless the weigh make a huge difference when playing (I don't know, it might) or you want to play tournaments (and have the same table to train), I don't see the major advantage of a T3000 to play at home if you value the look of the table and it is not for tournament preparation. Is that right ? Did I miss anything ?
(Now if look has no value to you and you can have T3000 for same money you might as well buy T3000, that is obvious too)

Thanks for you help, very much appreciated
Yves

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »

I guess, in other words, I am trying to evaluate how much or what, beside the cost, am I giving up to have the look of the Worthmington ? 

Thanks
Yves

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
It comes down to the relative value of the table. Coin-ops hold their value infinitely better than home models. The guy that bought the Worthington (OP) immediately lost about $1000 in depreciation the second he ordered it. He could not get $700 for that thing right now. There is just no real market for home model tables. A casual player is not looking to spend much $$ and a tournament player will only buy a coin-op. Hey, if you like the look of the table and don't mind losing a bunch of money when you go to sell it, never plan on playing in tournaments, and don't need the storage for parts, buy the Worthington. Otherwise buy a coin-op (which actually looks better IMO).   

BTW regardless of what a dealer says, a home model does not play the same as a coin-op. I have played all models of Tornado for years and home models are not the same as coin-ops. The parts are basically the same but they play quite a bit differently.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:30:16 PM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
Thanks Alaskan Thunder,

Makes sense and very clear summary. That is what I was looking for. Very much appreciated.

Yves.

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

Thanks all for your help and inputs.
Ordered a T3000 tournament used Coin-op from Charles.

Thanks again,
Yves