Foosball.com Forums

1977 Rene Pierre Competition Table - Restoration Question PLEASE

I'm asuming this is a common question, or maybe a previous thread has provoided some guidance for in the past. But I am restoring a 77' Pierre table, that I picked up and had NO floor. Ok; so the dimensions are easy, cut out a nice 1/2 piece of birch plywood, but need help with the "Sloped Corners". In the spirit of this beautiful $100 table that I scored, and after already 100+ hours of complete restoration (even removing 30 years of crusted cement ashes from the ashtrays) I would like to build or buy these corners in the most inexpensive way possible. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated, even if found used parts. It is a 15mm table, and I am also looking for (2) handles, and (1) rod if anyone has. Thank you for reading. I can send pictures if would like to see the table in progress. 

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball

Re: 1977 Rene Pierre Competition Table - Restoration Question PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I went through this exercise recently on a 1972 Bonzini coin-op. On my first attempt, I reused the wooden sloped corners from the old playfield. On my second attempt, I  will probably just cut new ones from wood using the old ones as a template. The reason I'm having to do this twice is because I made the mistake of using 3/8" birch plywood as the base, and after I finished the base, it warped. I highly recommend using non-warping particle board rather than plywood when you build your playfield.

Kevin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:32:59 PM by kgstewar »

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
kgstewar, Any chance I could get one of your old slopped corners to use as a template for making new ones? I need to do all four. I would not want to keep it, could mail back and forth and I would pay for shipping, Craig 585-721-9576

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
kgstewar, Any chance I could get one of your old slopped corners to use as a template for making new ones? I need to do all four. I would not want to keep it, could mail back and forth and I would pay for shipping, Craig

Hi Craig, I'd be happy to do that but unfortunately (for both of us) the old corners are now permanently bonded to the plywood base of my first attempt. I plan on making new sloped corners by tracing the shape of the old ones and I'd be happy to send you my paper tracings once I've done that. One issue may be that I have a Bonzini and you have a Rene Pierre. Not sure if the slope geometry is the same. One thing you could do is to trace the shape using the curved bottoms of the wooden "curbs" that go around the inside of the playfield on your table. This would assure a perfect fit.

And congrats on restoring an old table! I'd love to see pictures.

Kevin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:18:09 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Template for sloped corners
Installing each corner
Ready for hardiboard
Final product, installing Gerflex tomorrow, and will have some other images of the table itself...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:13:37 PM by fooswies »