Foosball.com Forums

Good table for work at $600 or less

Good table for work at $600 or less
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
We currently have a Harvard Foosball table in our office. The table is falling apart and as a Christmas present the company is buying us a new table. The company is willing to spend $600.

Keeping in mind that there is no deal for a used coin op Tornado table in my area (L.A area), what would you recommend? Ideally we would rather have something brand new.

In my research I found that the Warrior and Carrom tables were potential tables in our price range. Are those good tables? Are there anything else that you would recommend?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Good table for work at $600 or less
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »
If you have to have new for under $600, go w/ Warrior.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »
I know the coin ops are hard to find but in a city as big as LA I would look up the arcade/pinball/pool table vendors and call them.  The table I got was from an arcade vendor. While he advertised it on craigslist, he had a total of 7 of them that we're sitting in his warehouse for years.  He also said he sometimes gets a request to pull them off his routes.  If I would have called him a while back I bet I would have paid less.  He said they sold like hot cakes so he would not negotiate.  Four were gone and I saw two that were sold and getting ready for delivery and my buddy is buying the last one that the guy had to dig out from the back.  Two of the other vendors in the denver area I called said they do have them up for sale every once in awhile.   My point is there are probably some collecting dust.

I researched these inside and out and, after hauling this 335 lb table to my basement I would opt for a coin op over the warrior, especially if you are using it in an office with lots of play.  We had four guys playing hard on the first night and it just doesn't move.  My son and I spent three hours cleaning it and it looks and plays like new.

Good luck.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
You are not kidding about LA being expensive.  Just looked on craigslist out there.  This one isn't too far from LA.  Needs some attention but if you spent your $600 budget you could overhaul the whole thing.  Offer them $200 and cut out of work early to road trip to it.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tag/4219342857.html