Foosball.com Forums

Any information on this 1970 "NFA" German table?

Any information on this 1970 "NFA" German table?
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
MAN, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Hello fellow Foosballers, I recently bought an older style foosball table from 1970 that was made in Germany, and would really just like a little background info on it, and what I actually have. Im really interested in learning the history of the table, and what the two holes on opposites sides of the table are used for. Also about the skeleton key? I dont have one to open the table up either? so any suggestions? There are two certificates underneath the playing glass reading..... this unit is NFA certified for league and tournament play, and the other certificate says something about the American Youth Marketing Corporation out of Ohio?..... in the next few days when I get my camera back, I will post the actual certificates so you guys can see. The players are Blonde and Brown hair and are hand painted faces it seems. The center reads "This is the Foos", and I do have one decent picture maybe to get me some info................Like I said though I will post more pictures on the true details in a day or so, but I just wanted to learn "now" about this table. Im a 23 year old who is trying to bring this game back to my town! I grew up with an older style one and finally got ahold of one I really like. Thanks for your help, Jeff         
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:07:17 PM by St. Louis »

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
Re: Any information on this 1970 "NFA" German table?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »
Jeff, foosball is still going strong in St Louis. Friday nights are the current tourney nights, with Singles starting at 7pm and Doubles at 9pm. Tomorrow night (Friday March 2) is a Draw Your Partner, and the following week will be a Bring Your Partner. I would suggest being there at least 1/2 hour before the stated starting times of the events you want to play to be sure that you are entered.

Jilly's Cafe & Steakhouse
1630 Gravois (@Little Brennan Rd./ Behind Quick Trip)
High Ridge, Mo. 63049

Not sure of where you would be coming from, but Jillys is about a mile or so west of Hwy 141 off of Gravois (Hwy 30). Google map it, once you see where it is on the map you can't miss it.

Be sure to bring your best game, or prepare to be schooled! lol

Rick

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:00 AM »
Thats good to hear Rick! Thanks for the info and I will halft to check that out soon. Im over in Alton, IL. Right across the river. Its about an hour drive but it would be worth it. Im gonna get a few of my friends and take a trip out there. I will let you know when, just so you bring an extra pair of boxers..............haha

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!!

Now for your table...What you have is a Patterson Foosball Match Table.  "NFA" stands for National Foosball Association, and was the first US foosball association.  American Youth Marketing Corporation was the marketing company owned by L.T. Patterson, maker of the Foosball Match tables.  You are correct, the Foosball Match tables were contracted to be made in Germany by either the Leonhart company (which still makes tables today), or the table was made by the company Automatenbau Forster (the company that made the Deutscher Meister tables), this company is also still making soccer tables today.  Patterson got out of the Foosball table business in 1975.  You have a nice collectors item there. 

Pat

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:44 PM »
Thanks for the info Pat! I now have all of the pictures to show also
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum!!

Now for your table...What you have is a Patterson Foosball Match Table.  "NFA" stands for National Foosball Association, and was the first US foosball association.  American Youth Marketing Corporation was the marketing company owned by L.T. Patterson, maker of the Foosball Match tables.  You are correct, the Foosball Match tables were contracted to be made in Germany by either the Leonhart company (which still makes tables today), or the table was made by the company Automatenbau Forster (the company that made the Deutscher Meister tables), this company is also still making soccer tables today.  Patterson got out of the Foosball table business in 1975.  You have a nice collectors item there. 

Pat

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:44:40 PM »
Well here she is...........................

Id figure most of you would enjoy seeing these pics of an older table. Still plays great and any additional info on this would be great. Like the 6 entry holes on the table? You cant even put a ball in the cup to start, you halft to shoot it in there? Anybody know what thats about? I cant find anything about it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:16:44 PM by St. Louis »

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
Hello all! I just joined this forum because I'm on a quest for some answers about this very table. I work for Black Dog Salvage in Roanoke, VA and we have the table here that i actually grew up playing, an identical table to the one pictured above. Just put new glass and a playfield in and it is perfect condition with the exception of the leveling feet are missing. Any idea what a table like this is worth?

Thanks for any and all help!

cheers

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
The holes were for a free shot.  If you shot a ball into the hole, the ball was put under the 3 bar in the middle and the forward shot against the goalie using the goalie man only.  It was a much smaller goal than now so it's not as bad as it sounds.  We didn't care for the free shot option so we just closed the holes.  There should be a flap that will rotate and cover the hole.

Games were to 6.  They had 11 balls made of cork.  You could do some nasty masse' shots.  Not a serious shot but fun to play with.

As for value, I'd say about 150 max.  But you may be able to get more from a collector who specifically wants that  brand table.

(you don't have an uncle or grandpa from Texas named Eddie, do you?)