Foosball.com Forums

GoodTime Novelty (Gibralter) table bearings question and Help

GoodTime Novelty (Gibralter) table bearings question and Help
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »
Hello there and new to the forum...seeking some advice and resource for my foosball table

My questions surround the tables (rods) bearings which have never been replaced yet I do believe it is time as some of these two piece bearings are separating from each other and the threadings are not holding up for a few of the rods.  Keep in mind it has been used for 7 years and only the last year has the bearings plastic parts shown any wear and splitting from each other.

Measuring where the bearings would fit into the table would appear to be a 1 1/4 opening; with a 5/8 rod diameter.  The table (wall) thickness is 25mm.  These measurements seem to line up with many bearings offered online, ebay, amazon, etc.

1) Should I replace the bearings with these same basic type of bearings which screw into each other or should I replace them with the bearing types which require the face plate to screw into the tables walls which seems to suggest they would be better fastened and not as likely to split apart over time.

2) Are there different quality products which might translate into the thickness and quality of the plastic, or perhaps full metal bearing parts vs plastic shells

3) Is this the time to also replace all the ancillary parts around the rods, washers, bumpers, etc.

4) where is a reputable place to purchase the 16 bearings (sets) I need for the table.

Thank you
Dave

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: GoodTime Novelty (Gibralter) table bearings question and Help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
You are going to have to hunt pretty hard to find parts for cheap, recreational style tables. I would bet that there are no aftermarket parts for a table like that so your best bet is to contact the manufacturer and see if they sell replacement parts. You should only need to replace ancillary parts as needed. No use spending more money unless you have to.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: GoodTime Novelty (Gibralter) table bearings question and Help
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
double post
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:13:09 PM by alaskan thunder »