Foosball.com Forums

Safe for Table?

Safe for Table?
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »
I currently own a tornado coin op (blonde) and have a Fireball coin op en route to me as I type. I've been trying to find a bar that would use the Tornado and therein increase the amount of foosers in my area. If that falls through, which it seems it might, I have a good friend whom would love to have a better table to practice on. The only issue is it'd be in their unfinished basement. Floors are quite unlevel. It's not heated, but sheilded from the elements for sure. Colder than house but way better than outside. There furnace is in the basement, so the temperature shifts as I'm sure the humidity does as well. Will the table be safe in said environment, or am I risking warping/swelling issues? I want to be a good friend. If I can't use it to add players in a public setting, I could at least improve a couple. I just don't want to ruin the table in the process. Any opinions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Safe for Table?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
Temperature really shouldn't matter (except for the players!). Moisture is the real issue. The particle board cabinets are sponges and can swell and get moldy if they get damp. Is his basement too humid? Hard for us to say. Is it damp, smells musty, and has mold? Probably too humid. Dehumidifiers work great so if humidity is a problem, tell him he can have your table if he buys one.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10:01 PM »
I have a thread (with no response) on this board about my gray marble exterior de-laminating in several areas. I keep mine in my garage in LOUISIANA. Major humidity. I run a dehumidifier 24-7. This is my first table of three that has this issue and I believe it to be a manufacturing issue with this particular table. Seems like they were stingy with the glue in several areas. Nothing wrong with playing surface just a few spots on the exterior. My two previous tornados were in the same conditions much longer and showed no signs of delaminating or warping/swelling.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 12:17:44 AM »
Thanks for the response/anecdote/help. I planned on the dehumidifier, just wanted to make sure that was going to be enough. They have my old Dick's something or another table, but I'm a little more protective over my Tornado. If I had the room, I'd probably keep em both. The floors are uneven, shotty quality cement. I actually thought about helping them put down a cement pad. Anyone think that may be overkill?