Foosball.com Forums

Advice on Parts and Price Please

Advice on Parts and Price Please
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
Hi everybody.

My wonderful roommate bent a couple rods on my blonde coin op thus leaving it necessary to replace rods. As opposed to buying new, I've been looking for a parts table. bearings aside, are all tornado parts interchangeable? I found someone selling what looks like a Tornado Sport. (No leg levelers, end ball return.) Would I be correct to assume the rods are the same diameter and length as the coin ops? He's asking 350 which is obviously way too high. He claims its in excellent condition. So my question (aside from compatibility) is what is a fair price to offer without trying to insult? More than 200 seems outlandish, but less may be taken as an insult. Please Help.

Re: Advice on Parts and Price Please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
Most parts are interchangeable, including rods, but the quality of the men, rods, etc. are lower on a Sport than on a coin-op. Doesn't really make sense to buy a Sport as a parts table. If it were me, I'd spring for new coin-op rods.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »
Oh. I guess I just assumed that tornado rods were tornado rods and were the same. If you look here http://shop.foosball.com/fts-110-061.html it just says tornado rods, used on all Tornado Tables. And upon further searching, I found a Twister, which has counterbalanced men as well. (Doesn't matter that they're not new style if they're not as my table is a blonde with older style men.) If I'm wrong about the rods, please correct me. Just how they put it across in the shop.

I guess the main reason I was thinking this route as opposed to just buying new is that I can switch as needed for my table and cut down legs for my kids to have a size appropriate table thats higher quality than a kids table and they won't notice or care that a couple rods are slightly bent.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
Okay, so Twister sold, so its back to potentially talking down the Sport. It's really not the same rods for all Tornado Tables? Thats disappointing if true. :/ Are you certain of this before I give up hope? lol

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
Yes, I'm certain.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:38:08 PM by kgstewar »

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:19:56 AM »
Yeah, upon shopping around I found a site that sells the non heat treated, home model rods. Here its only commercial rods for sale (for good reason) and with it saying for all Tornado Table I was just clinging to hope. Lol. Can you blame me for trying? Thanks for saving me from wasting my money. Definitely appreciated.