Foosball.com Forums

trouble with my warrior foosball table

trouble with my warrior foosball table
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:37 AM »
I just received my warrior table for Christmas. It's very nice looking,  had pretty good reviews on line etc... I'm new to foosball,  played a lot at bars and college but I have never owned a table. I assembled and leveled the table correctly (I think) . I'm having trouble with the balls coming to rest in between the players where you can't hit them. This happens a lot! Is there something I can do? Is it not perfectly level?  It seems like the the rails are too far apart? is this a sign the table is messed up and I should have them send me a new one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: trouble with my warrior foosball table
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:36:24 AM »
Quite the contrary, if the table wasn't level that'd be less likely. If you could always reach the ball the men would bind up. Just work on ball control so you get less dead balls, but regardless, it'd bound to happen. If it's between the five rods, give it to the last person to serves middle five man (53), if it's elsewhere, give it to the closest goalie area. Foos on. I've heard good things about warrior, it's supposed to be great for control, Enjoy it.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:09 PM »
I've had mine (new Warrior table, also a somewhat inexperienced player...) for about a month now and I experienced the same problem, but it's less frequent now that I'm getting better.  Definately learning ball control quickly on this table, moreso than tables I played on years ago in bars.  I think maybe the ball is "stickier" than balls on the bar tables I played with now and then years ago.  maybe that contributes to that too?  I'm in northern Westchester County, N.Y.  maybe not too far from you in CT?  We play Monday nights, if you're
interested in some games!
Scott

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
I was just trying to make sure you knew it wasn't just Warrior. When we got our Tornado it used to piss off my girlfriend all the time. Fireball does too, but not quite as much. I attribute that to the fact that its a much faster table, therein balls in motion more(in moments of lack of control.) I'm in central NY if you ever want to trek this way. A little west of Syracuse. We generally play every Saturday. But, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, we'd make the time. Foos on!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
Thanks man, I'll look you up if I'm ever out your way.  I'd love to try the fireball table.  It wanted one of those but couldn't find one at the time and ended up getting the Warrior instead.  Happy with it, seems great for the price, but like to see the difference sometime.  Cheers!

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »
Definitely do. If I ever venture that far east I'll shoot you a message. I've been curious about Warrior myself. From what I've read in reviews, Fireball is supposed to be the speed of Tornado with the control of Warrior. Curious to see the validity. Definitely faster than Tornado, thats for sure. At least faster than mine. I think if I get a third table I'dbe playing it alone though. Lol. Can't believe I managed to get two in the house. Actually, keeping the Tornado was the Miss's idea, it was supposed to go to a friends. I guess I got it pretty good. :) No foosball widow for me, mine joins in.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »
I played in a Warrior tournament a few months back and the ball will die on this table quite often if you move it too slowly. The good news is it's easier to catch passes than any other table I've played on.
I have a Fireball, control is awesome, pins and banks are easy, it's a superior table in every respect.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »
Thanks guys for all the help and for relieving the stress I was starting to get from thinking I got a bad table.  I'll keep at it and this won't be an issue in the near future. If y'all are ever in the Austin area give a shout.

Thanks again fellas

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »
I have a Fireball, control is awesome, pins and banks are easy, it's a superior table in every respect.

Completely agree. Best investment I've ever made. The only thing even close is my scooter. 90 plus mpg is where its at. Lol. But yeah, love my Fireball to death. Once I own my house there will be a game room with Tornado, Fireball, Shelti, and Warrior. Whats life without variety right?