Foosball.com Forums

One goalie or three?

One goalie or three?
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
I am in the market for a new table and am really only interested in a Tornado. Not sure exactly what model yet, but leaning towards a T3000.

My question is do I do a 1 or 3 goalie?

I have always played on a 1 goalie table (of my own and at my local pub) but it seems that the majority of tables (and ALL tournament tables) are 3 goalies.

Thoughts?

Re: One goalie or three?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »
If you're used to the 1-goalie, jumping to a 3 will be painful. 'Secret Agent Man' (what I call the outside goaltenders) will knock in a lot of sloppy goals until you make the adjustment.

If I were in your position, I'd get the 1-goalie since you're used to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
Where are you located? In the USA? If so then 3 man goalie in case you ever want to play competitively. That table dominates the USA foosball scene. If you are in Europe then 1 man goalie.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »
I would definitely go with the 3 man goalie.  Once you get used to it, I think you'll like it better.  Setup is so much easier.

I got to see the prototypes when Tornado was getting ready to introduce them.  I thought Ed was nuts, but in the end I preferred it.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
Bonzini (French Style) has tournaments & all of their models have a one man goalie as did the original German styles tables in old school U.S.A. This is only my opinion but I think Europeans hold fast to one goalie because this IS table Soccer,i.e.,miniature field soccer. One Goalie & 11 players per team. Don't lose sight of how BIG Soccer is there & about every other place in the world except here. I prefer Bonzini to Tornado & have one of each table. If you choose Tornado I would get a 3 man goalie for all of the reasons noted above. You'll (have to) get use to the wing men (secret agent men), Left SAM & Right SAM.

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
Let's not forget the Warrior table, one man goalie.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »
Trailer for a Foosball movie.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUrb_Er1Lbc