Foosball.com Forums

adding weight to my table

adding weight to my table
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
Hello,
i have a warrior  foosball table and want to make it more stable.
any ideas on how to add weight to the table ?

Re: adding weight to my table
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »
john,  There are plenty of people who can answer that question. There are two reasons I wouldn't do it. 1., you might alter the table possibly affecting resale.  2.  If you want to play in tournaments ,you'll need to know the forces which will be called a jar, at regulation table weight.   SOOooo. If you say no to #2, look at #1, including your cost/effort to add weight. Just my opinion,  john

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
But then I might be over sensitive to Jarring.  It has been illegal since way back in the day-but defined differently.  I stopped playing for about 35 years & when I resumed 5 years ago I was shaking the table as in ridiculous-took awhile to settle it down, but if you've been playing all along, perhaps not an issue for you.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
let me me see, 35 years ago plus a break plus 5 years ?? the tables must have been made out of stone then. no wonder they didn't move ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »
Actually the table was Rene Pierre.  Since they were Bonzini clones back then, '71 & '72, I think they were about the weight of a current Bonzini coinop. It was the stone age of foosball man caveman. I remember many times having to push the table about a foot so a team wouldn't be pinned against the wall or moving into a walkway  :-)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »
your a good sport jk. curios if john is talking about the the table sliding or shaking?

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
Good point mc-big difference between sliding & shaking. The Rene Pierres we played on were "leveled" by one to about six beer coasters, therefore, the shaking translated to sliding (& even tipping on a good Saturday night,lol.).  Today's French & German style tables are leveled with wide circular screw up/down levelers. SOOoo-me thinks that John is referring to the shaking type of jarring.

Offline Will17

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »
I've played several events on tour where Warrior tables are weighted down to make the table play stronger. In the tournaments they have used sandbags, which are held inside the table by mounting sheeted wood underneath the body of the table.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
this topic is interesting to me because of learning the importance of table construction from you guys and a few other places. I just did a quick check on the net and found a warrior is listed at 205lb, a b60 coin op at 198lb and a tornado coin op at 355lb. my table lists at 210lb so its not much different from the warrior and bonzini. now i'm not a big guy at 170lb but my table seems pretty stable. the tornado sure as heck wouldn't move much i would think unless you had 4-200lb guys slamming it around. so what is it?
to the op. going from what will17 said and using plywood on the bottom just like shelves, in other words a piece on each end big enough to add weight but you could pull it out when you wanted. maybe that would work.