Foosball.com Forums

Another ID Table thread, and play field cupping issue

Another ID Table thread, and play field cupping issue
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
Just bought this table off of Craigslist.  Seems like a decent table, but I can't find any manufacturer information.  Any thoughts?  It kind of looks like a Tornado Sport, but for the price I paid for it I can't imagine that it really is.

Trouble is the playing field is bowing, cupping, warping....whatever you want to call it.  I was thinking of removing the long pins underneath and putting in a piece of plywood, mdf.  I was contemplating use wood glue and some trim pieces along the edges underneath to hold it very securely, but wasn't sure if I should do something permanent.  Any other ideas?

Do the adjustments on the long pins underneath actually do anything?  There seems to be a very large gap between them and the playing field, almost like there used to be plywood or similar there.

The men look like the dynamo robotic men, so I ordered a couple replacements for them, since one is missing a head.

Also, I realize I accidentally switched the defense and goalie rods...I was tired....I'm fixing that today. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:42:18 AM by ndoggac »

Re: Another ID Table thread, and play field cupping issue
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
You are correct - not a Tornado. This looks like a Harvard table although I think the same table (made in China) appears under some other brands as well. You can find replacement men by doing a Google search. Here's some from eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141199239629?lpid=82

These tables are made pretty cheaply and unfortunately the warped field is par for the course. I wouldn't worry about diminishing the value and would just do whatever carpentry seems right to get it flat. These tables appear on my local Craigslist quite often in the $100-$150 range.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:51:58 PM »
That is an interesting configuration for the rods......

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
switch the five man with the 3 man.that might work :)

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »
Gentlemen, the OP stated that he had mistakenly switched the rods and was going to change them. See the last line of his post :-)

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
Left-handed table or the picture is backward.  Must have been put together at Sears.

To the OP:  When you rework the bars, reverse the rods so you hit the ball to the right.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
Might want to turn the score markers around too. 

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
Thank you kgstewar and Foosballer2013!

Switched the defense and goalie rods as I stated in my original post.  Already turned around the score counters.

Put a piece of 1/4" plywood between the playing field and the three support pins.  Worked perfectly, playing field is perfectly flat now.  Will level the table today too.

Still haven't been able to find a picture of a Harvard table that matches this table.

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
Thats great you fixed the cupping problem! I read you also changed the backfield rods back to a 3-man goalie configuration.  Not sure if you also changed the rod configuration so if you are at back position, you would be looking right with the goalie in your left hand. Are you left handed?

Have fun.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
but if you just switched the handles to the other end of the bars it would save alot of work. then you would be standing right next to the opposing player and elbow him in the ribs right when he is about to shoot!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
I am a moron. I fixed the bars as I am a right handed player. Didn't even realize until I started playing after fixing the cupping issue.

Anyone have any idea on what year or model Harvard this is?

Thanks for then help everyone!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:19:05 PM by ndoggac »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »
I am a moron.

You'll blend in perfectly here.