Foosball.com Forums

Counterbalanced vs. Non-Counterbalanced

Counterbalanced vs. Non-Counterbalanced
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »
I need to replace a man on my recently purchased Tornado T-2000 Brown Marble. I'm not sure whether to buy the counterbalanced or non-counterbalanced foos man.

I realize that the counterbalanced men are superior. My question is: Is there any physical feature which distinguishes one from the other?

Re: Counterbalanced vs. Non-Counterbalanced
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
I need to replace a man on my recently purchased Tornado T-2000 Brown Marble. I'm not sure whether to buy the counterbalanced or non-counterbalanced foos man.

I realize that the counterbalanced men are superior. My question is: Is there any physical feature which distinguishes one from the other?

Buy a counterbalanced. They cost maybe a dollar more than non-counterbalanced. Not sure how to answer your last question. Are you asking is there a difference in the appearance of counterbalanced and non-counterbalanced? Because there is definitely an important physical difference: one is counterbalanced, the other is not. :-)

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »
What I mean is, I don't want to put one counterbalanced man on a rod full of non-counterbalanced men. So, I want to ascertain if the men on my table are or are not counterbalanced.

Is there a physical feature (aside from the 'point the man's foot up and see if he stays' method) which distinguishes the two types of men? A serial number? A special groove? The size of the head? The face of the guy? The pattern on the foot etc...

Or are the two types of men identical?

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
I'm not an expert on this but from what i have read is counterbalanced means is that the weight is even beetween the 2 halfs of the men.personally i would rather try to pass the ball rather than level the players and get a crappy shot from the goalie or d 2 bar

Offline Will17

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
There is a little hole in the back of the head on the counterbalanced men (where some lead is inserted to balance the weight). I'm not sure if the hole is there on the non-balanced men though.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:05:39 AM »
here's a picture so you can check which ones you have
look at the pattern of the feet it changes

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Awesome. Thanks, john124. This is exactly what I needed.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Just to be clear, the 2008 foot and the 2009 foot could both be from counterbalanced men. Foot design won't allow you to distinguish counter balanced from non-counterbalanced. The feet tell you whether the man is pre-2009 or post-2009.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 01:24:48 AM »
Second kgstewar's to be clear. The foot design was a generally change. The counterbalanced and non of the same year would both have the same foot pattern. Those pictures will tell you the age of the men but not the balance. Put them horizontal, counterbalanced men will stay, non would drop. Good luck.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
You cant lose with the counter bal men... only improves things... i would buy a upgrade kit from here and rework a bar ata time.