Foosball.com Forums

Wilson table part needed

Wilson table part needed
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
Dear friends, very happy to find this forum, and hope to get some expert opinion on my question.  I am entering the foosball foray, and was given a Wilson foosball table for free.  My son is coming of age to play this great game, and I am looking to bring it back from the past when I used to play it.  :)

I brought the table back, and when trying to assemble it back, I found that many bearings are broken, and one is missing all together.  I tried to find the part online, but it appears that Wilson brand foosball tables are pretty much gone.  The original bearing housing uses very cheap plastic little balls, which are missing from those that are broken. 

So my question is this: how can I replace them?  The table is in great shape otherwise, and it would be a shame to throw it out.  Can anyone recommend a part that is BETTTER than the original one?

The rods are of standard size:  5/8".  The hole in the side of the table is 1.25 inch. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Wilson table part needed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
You might try a Tornado bearing.  I'm not able to check the measurements right now, but these look similar.  The thickness of the wall could also be an issue.  Try one and if it will work, buy a whole set.  One bearing won't break you if it doesn't work.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
Tornado bearings won't work...

The rods on the Wilson are probably 5/8", and Tornado are 9/16".

What I suggest is that you browse parts from some of the Generic home table manufacturers.

Names:

- Harvard
- Cooper
- Sportcraft

See if a matching part fits the description.

Some of the models that these manufacturers have are very different, so be sure to look through their part catalogues.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
Tornado coin-op rods are 5/8" in diameter so you might try the split bearings like papafoos suggested. Measure the wall thickness and I'll measure a set of Tornado bearings and see if they fit. (If they fit and you decide to go that route, I have a lightly used set of Tornado split bearings I'd be happy to sell for a good price).