Foosball.com Forums

Alternate tool to Roll Pin Punch

Alternate tool to Roll Pin Punch
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
Can tornado roll pins be removed by any other standard tool aside from the tornado roll pin punch tool?  I'm viewing a possible purchase tomorrow and I don't know if the seller has the tool.  I definitely don't have one yet, so I wanted to know if there was a backup tool I could bring.

Re: Alternate tool to Roll Pin Punch
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »
I am a newbie and used a regular flat head punch to remove mine. I got the punch stuck a couple of times as it was a tad too small. I only realized after I was done and searching for parts I had the right tool all along. DOH!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
The punch tool is not that special... It is possible to find this type of tool at a common auto / machine / hardware / fastener store.  In fact I would recommend a longer punch made of a hardened metal, as the oem punch is a bit small and awkward to use.

If you can wait, this website does sell the longer punch, and at great price.

I could be wrong, so be sure to check, but I think you are looking for a 5/32 punch...
PPR5 -- Punch, Roll Pin, 5/32" point, 4 5/8"

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=634986&group_ID=675281

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »
Thanks all - I decided against attempting to remove the men on site (even with an alternate tool) because I didn't have a support block of the appropriate size handy.  This made getting the table into the van I had a bit harder than I expected, but the table is securely in my home now.

Next hurdle is to get a key to open the cabinet.  I do not plan to move that whole thing at once again....

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 09:15:37 PM »
It's definitely worth buying the larger roll-pin punch (they can be found for ~$5.00 online) and cabinet keys are about $3.00. Also, no need to remove the men to remove the rods. All the rods can be removed by just taking off the handles and the bearings.
Congratulations on your new table!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:04:43 AM »
They sell a really good pin punch on foosball.com

http://shop.foosball.com/superpindriver.html