Foosball.com Forums

Warrior Table

Warrior Table
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:37 AM »
Hello.  First post on this forum.
I have an older BM coin op tornado.  I have replaced all the bearings and cleaned the rods thoroughly.  The rods are still sticky compared to the newer model tables I have played at Trickshots in Clifton Park, NY.
I'm wondering if I should break down and spend $300 on new rods or purchase a Warrior table for $300 off a guy downstate?

Thanks for any help.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Warrior Table
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
First, make sure you didn't over tighten the bearings.  I'm assuming you put silicon on them.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
PF is correct... bearings too tight, I know the bushings on my BM bind up some of the rods if they are tool tightened all the way...  I just back the nuts off a bit to get each one just right.  A couple of the nuts seem quite loose, but they seem to remain fastened.

Just curious are your rods bent or pitted at all, that would be the best reason to upgrade.  The newer rods are nice, but not a huge or dramatic improvement over the older chromed ones.  New rods can take a while to break in/smooth out.  I would evaluate the BM walls and play field before spending that kind of money on rods.  There is also some math involved related to parts costs vs. buying another used table.  You might consider the newer footed figures on some of the shooting rods if your serious as well.

You'll get a lot of opinions on warrior; it really comes down to do you need a pretty good home table or do you wish to compete at warrior tournaments.   Parts are cheap and the table plays well.  In many ways it is great choice, but has a few compromises relative to a commercial table.

Considering you more-less have a north american "standard" competition foosball table, I would invest and work with it where appropriate.  Note that the coin op mechanism can be bypassed by cutting and assembling 4 pieces of wood to temporarily replace the ready ramp tray and blocking the ball trap entrance.  This presents balls on the rail for easy practicing, balls can not fall in the cabinet, and the coin mech is preserved from unnecessary wear and tear...

Fooz!

http://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/Tornado_BD_2010_Online.pdf

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for the info.  I loosened the bearings and that helped tremendously.  There is still some resistance, almost  like a scratching sound, but overall an improvement.  I am going to replace the 2-man bars.  They have significant "dimpling".  I'll keep browsing the forum.  Unbelievable info. you have listed.