Foosball.com Forums

Yet another RP, 15mm handle question

Offline mikey

Yet another RP, 15mm handle question
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
Sorry to ask this again, but not sure if things have maybe changed over the years. Looking at picking up an old Blue top rene pierre with the 15mm rods. Does anyone know what would work as replacement handle. There are 3 handles that I would like to replace, 2 for sure that are in need. Does anyone know if the stella handles would work? Looks like they are 15mm, but not sure of the thread. Also one one of the french websites, possibly idf, they said that for the 15 mm handles you could force the newer rene pierre 14mm ones. Can anyone confirm any of this? Id love to own a rene pierre, as french tables are very scarce around here. Table is in ok shape, not mint by any means, but not fire wood either. Any idea what a table like this may be worth offering?
thanks for any insight
mikey

Offline mikey

Re: Yet another RP, 15mm handle question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:49:20 AM »
Been reading through a lot of French "babyfoot" posts regarding rene pierre 15mm tables. The general consensus is that the modern rene pierre 14mm handle will fit with some force on the 15mm bars. they are the same threading, just a mm smaller so they will need to be put on with some force, and possibly some heat. I will give it a go and report back for all those who may be interested. FWIW here is a shot of my Blue Top Rene Pierre with the pull coin chute and 15mm bars as its stands right now. In the near future I will be replacing the gerflex, (hoping new handles) and also the inner boards of the play field. it is missing the boards that go by the net as can be seen in the pictures. So this "new addition" will now bring me to owing a RP french table, a 70's deutscher meister, kind of cool that Ive got my hands on two of the earliest tables available in the USA.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »
Great old table and thanks for the photo. It's fun to watch the rehab in progress.

I rehabbed an old Bonzini table, documented here:

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=5058.0.

It will be interesting to see the differences between these two tables.

Offline mikey

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
Hi kgstewar, Saw your thread...its awesome. This will be a slower process and I prob wont get deeper into the restoration until the summer. I want to try and keep it having that vintage look, I will clean it up, but prob not do any cabinet refinishing or men painting etc... Do you happen to know if 3in1 oil would be a good way to lubricate the rods? the stores around me do not have any of the synthetic oil with ptfe that I saw bonzini recommends.