Foosball.com Forums

What model Dynamo is this?

What model Dynamo is this?
« on: March 21, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
I have a Dynamo foosball table in my basement that I inherited 3 years ago.  With 2 toddlers, I almost never get to play it.  We are moving to another state, and though I would like to keep it for nostalgic reasons, I can't justify shipping it 7 hours drive to have it sit in my basement again unused.  My wife wants to put it up on craigslist for $100, but I'm thinking it must be worth more because it is really solid, though definitely used with chips and scratches.
Anyone have an idea of what model it is and what it is worth.  It has a hole cut out the bottom to retrieve the balls- which I'm sure will hurt the value.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:58:55 PM by spectrum »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: What model Dynamo is this?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
I think this is the model just before they switched to the brown top. (late 70's or very early 80's)  It at least has the brown top men.  I don't recall the serving cup, but it did show up on the brown top.  I thought is was Dynamo's best playing table but I played it with the older style men and without the cup.

I'd recommend asking 250 but be negotiable.  You should be able to get 150.  It's still infinitely better than what you normally find in the box stores.  It looks really clean and at 100, someone would be getting a pretty good deal.  Tournament players would be buying it for the nostalgia not for the practice although this would be a good intro table.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
Are you still selling it. Would you a ship it.

Ed

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »
Are you still selling it. Would you a ship it.

Ed

Shipping it may not be a good option.  It feels like it weighs 300 lbs!  Any chance you live near Elmira, NY?

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »
I think this is the model just before they switched to the brown top. (late 70's or very early 80's)  It at least has the brown top men.  I don't recall the serving cup, but it did show up on the brown top.  I thought is was Dynamo's best playing table but I played it with the older style men and without the cup.

I'd recommend asking 250 but be negotiable.  You should be able to get 150.  It's still infinitely better than what you normally find in the box stores.  It looks really clean and at 100, someone would be getting a pretty good deal.  Tournament players would be buying it for the nostalgia not for the practice although this would be a good intro table.

Thank you so much for the information Papafoos.  Sorry for taking so long in my reply.  Between getting ready for the move and wrapping things up at work, it seems like more and more things keep popping up that need to be taken care of.

I was looking at the table this weekend and realized I lost the key >:(  Any idea on how to open it without a key?