Foosball.com Forums

Upgrading

Upgrading
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »
I am looking to get a used Foosball table and making upgrades to it.

Does anyone knows what type of steel Tornado uses in the player rods? I saw that that have a QPQ treatment to them but i didn't see what type of steel they use.

Re: Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Does anyone knows what type of steel Tornado uses in the player rods? I saw that that have a QPQ treatment to them but i didn't see what type of steel they use.

The commercial quality Tornado rods are heat treated but all of the ones I have seen are chrome. I think Shelti are QPQ, is that what you meant?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:52:57 PM by kgstewar »

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »
Judging by your question your new table tech or you made a typo.   Just a word of warning... Be concious of the costs and end product when upgrading... be sure to do your research and math in advance and base your purchase offer accordingly.  Old table cost plus parts costs can easily exceed the cost of a better used table or even a new table. 

If you are mixing parts, keep in mind each playfield and table design has its own characteristics, and mechanical constaints.  For recreational use it could work out, but it could also lead to mechnical mismatch.  For competitive training mixing table parts will usually lead to frustration unless your plan is based on good knowledge.

If you share your plan maybe we could offer some advice?  Quite a few of us have a problem collecting tables and parts and chatting about it...  Furthermore, some of us have experience with building frankentables.  We could likely help?

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »
Thank you both for the insight. I have since decided to buy a used table that I couldn't pass up at a yard sale and am looking to do a few upgrades. Please see the attached thread below for my upgrade questions. Thanks again for the help!

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=5787.0